wtf exhaust

Don't judge me. I put a clone on a roadster 2. It was a relatively cheap build. I have another roadster2 with the stock hs40 that is pretty complete. It's going to have a worthy restore.
Anyways... On to my problem. I bought an exhaust for the clone. It runs just below the seat and to the side. I took it for a short ride after I installed at. I quickly realized I was going to burn my :asshole: if I leave it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what pipe to run? Anybody slap a clone on a roadster 2 before? the stock exhaust doesn't fit either. I don't have the tools to weld or bend pipe at this time. I'm not sure when the next race is going to be but I would like to get this running before than.

P.S. I don't have Pics right now. I'm at work untill 7AM
EDIT: this is what i have now.

I cut the stock muff to have something to maybe make something. I wish i had a welder.

Since these pic I have built the engine a bit. 18lb springs, Billet rod & flywheel, Jet, Intake, and the unspoken mod.

Last edited:

C9H13NO3

Don't judge me. I put a clone on a roadster 2. It was a relatively cheap build. I have another roadster2 with the stock hs40 that is pretty complete. It's going to have a worthy restore.
Anyways... On to my problem. I bought an exhaust for the clone. It runs just below the seat and to the side. I took it for a short ride after I installed at. I quickly realized I was going to burn my :asshole: if I leave it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what pipe to run? Anybody slap a clone on a roadster 2 before? the stock exhaust doesn't fit either. I don't have the tools to weld or bend pipe at this time. I'm not sure when the next race is going to be but I would like to get this running before than.

P.S. I don't have Pics right now. I'm at work untill 7AM
If you get me pics of what you want I can build you one.

I would be happy with something that runs under the seat. It might need a J curve to acomplish that. :-/ I'll see what kind of pics I have on my phone. I don't have any with the exhaust i currently have on it though. I'll post those tomorrow.

toomanytoys

smallbikes88 did you make the exhaust on the blue hustler?

I really like that. That's the last thing I need to start on my black widow. I have the clone sitting on the floor.

yes i made it, I used the original exhaust flange and about 2 inches of the original exhaust. I welded the bent peice in there and used a rusty rupp exhauast, just the muffler part. It sounded great i dont have the bike any more but it worked great and sounded killer.

toomanytoys

Looks really awesome

I want to get my built clone on it so I can hit the streets and not be restricted to just riding in town with 35mph speed limits, and be able to ride down some county roads.

I'd like to run it at 5500 RPM(its mildly built, safety parts, plus cam, valves, springs, ect) I figure that should put me at 55 mph with the right sprockets..

I belive i used the comet 20? I just used what i had in stock. Both bike pulled like a truck! I sold the blue one to a guy who is now saying its too fast? well he rode it before he bought it and i told him how to restrict it some?

I was going to try a 20 searies for my other roadster 2 the driver is toast. I was thinking since 20 is a 3/4" belt drive I could shave 1/8" off:shrug:. which would bring me down to a 5/8. The stock belt width for those who didn't know. Looks like a fun bike. :thumbsup: Do you have any closer shots of the exhaust on that?

Most pipes like the one in the pic won't work because of the angle the engine is on in the rupp..A pipe that would normally be horizontal and exit under the seat is going to be jammed up into the seat bottom and will likely not even bolt on.....When I built my rupp/clone projects I had a welder but no way to bend pipe..It was much easier with the peices of pipe I had to cut and weld them together with them going forward..It looks a little strange but there is tons of clearance and the pipe is no where near your leg when you are riding.I welded a small tab on the pipe near the bottom and bolted it to the old gas tank mount on the motor.It supports the pipe and it is super solid..About the only issue is it blows up dust when idleing.:smile:

Last edited:

jrzmac

I never thought about the angle! there's a few guys on here that can make a pipe for you. metal man made me a header for my side pooper I have on my Rupp. I'm sure he could come up with something for you.

Point taken OldYeller. Thank you for your input!!! I may just be inclined to modify somthing with my chopped stock exhaust. I might be able to use liquid steel and cut up an old bike fram or something.