Years & models of these tote goets???

Hello Old Mini Bike People,

I am new to this site, so thank you for having me. I am hoping to get this photo into the hands of some folks that are knowledgeable of Toto Gotes. They are both somewhat taken apart in this photo, but for the most part are complete.
The one in the foreground (black) runs, the other motor seems to have good compression, but I do not have spark.
Both, motors are Briggs & Stratton, the motor in the black bike has a manufacture plate on it.
ANY, HELP DETERMINING WHAT YEAR & MODEL THESE TOTE'S ARE...WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU IMG_2495.JPG

Yellow one is a Tote Gote Model P. Early 60's. There is no way to know for sure the bike's year of manufacture, even with the serial number. They did not keep good records. The serial of the engine would be close, assuming it is the original motor.

I don't think the black one is a Tote Gote. Frame looks familiar, but can't think of the name right now.

Last edited:
stangrcr1...thank you for your help. if, you think of what the manufacture of the black bike is, i would love to learn more about it.
or, if you could recommend someone else who might know, that would be great.
i'm hoping to talk to a man named Richard Trotter, do you know of this person?

Richard is usually on here early in the mornings. Hopefully he will see this tomorrow morning.

He has been a lot of help in the rebuild of my Tote Gote Model B. Richard is a wealth of information.

I have his email address somewhere...