Yerf-Dog 3203 Bigger Wheels?

So I put ATV tires on my son's Yerf-dog and the front still sits much lower than the rear and I'm afraid it will high center way too easily. I'd like to put 7 or 8" wheels and tires on the front instead of the stock 6's but much higher and wider will rub on the frame in a tight turn. Will these work to extend it a little farther out AND give me much more choice of wheels and tires to make the front higher? Galvanized Wheel Hub with (4) 5/16" Bolts on a 2-13/16" Circle (Includes 5/8" Bearing): Go Karts Parts: Racing Kart Parts: Engines: Frames: Tires: Versailles, Ohio: USA: Indoor Track: Tips: Chassis: Kits: GoKart: Briggs: Yerf Dog: Manco: Comet: Torqu

What size did tire did you use on the rears? OEM rims still right?
Yes. The rear are the original 8" rims and the new rear tires are almost exactly the same height. I found front tires & rims that would be a couple inches higher but the rims are 4 bolt but have the 5/8 bearings like my front rims but I'd need to extend them out a couple of inches so they don't hit the frame when turning.

Last edited:
well i am working in a yerf and it was wrecked in the front and now i will be welding new control A-arms so you could do the same but make them longer will upload a photo or two later :weld::grind::weld::hammer::weld::scooter:

Last edited:
Those are the ones I put on my gokart. Original wheels were 4.10x3.50x4 and the hubs allowed me to go to a 13x5x6 wheel assy by also using BMI's split 6" rims.

Last edited:
Those are the ones I put on my gokart. Original wheels were 4.10x3.50x4 and the hubs allowed me to go to a 13x5x6 wheel assy by also using BMI's split 6" rims.
I ended up buying Azusa 8" Tri-Star Aluminum Wheels and putting Honda Mini Trail 3.50-8 tires on the front. They are a couple inches taller than the OEM turf front tires and I used another spindle spacer to keep them from hitting the frame. The Tri-Stars look really nice too!

toomanytoys

That looks sweet.

Is that a live axle car or a 1 wheel peel? Looks like a live axle in the rear.

My old manco american express 2 with a 5hp briggs and the live axle would tear stuff up.

That looks sweet.

Is that a live axle car or a 1 wheel peel? Looks like a live axle in the rear.

My old manco american express 2 with a 5hp briggs and the live axle would tear stuff up.
It's a live axle and has a torque converter driving it. Next upgrade will be a disc brake to replace the band brake and a sprocket skid plate. This is my poor man's Razr. The engine is an $89 HF Predator 212cc and has a header, governor removed as well as aftermarket air filter and new main jet and idle jet. I spins the tires on takeoff on asphalt and goes about 38 miles an hour with tons if torque for climbing hills. I bought two engines and am building the other really high performance. I bought it for my 12 year old but all he wants to do is play XBOX. I can sympathize with him cuz I used to be addicted to Call of Duty in PC, but it's maddening trying to get him to do anything else. He also has a Honda XR70 but doesn't want to rides that either.

joekd

Next upgrade will be a disc brake to replace the band brake and a sprocket skid plate.
Been thinking sprocket skid plate for my son's also, one day on the trails we were pulling over to take a rest break, were on a fire road so pretty high built up side berms, he thought that is what he was held up on so he floored it, turns out the sprocket was on a rock. Bye bye chain.