T555 Need Diff. Axle...

Ratbike

Where can I get a differential axle for my T-555 3 wheeler. Northern Tools no longer has them on their website. Need 36"length by 1" dia. axle..:shrug:

Most of those rear ends were just built by what ever company. DAMN good chance was Tecumseh back that old, aluminum gears stuff. That or Peerless. I had an Owosso trike that had a bad sprocket and it was on a weird Heald Super Bronc bolt pattern. I ended up finding the IDENTICAL drive line in a John Deere 60 rear engine rider. They were in VERY good shape and older but only goes 6 miles per hour. I used most the parts from the tractor rear ends because they were WAY tighter.. I would suggest start prowling for old junk small rear engine riding mowers. Most are divorce transmission and diff on the bottom.. ;-) LOTS of people have Rider Grave yards and would sell a 69 sears missing deck and tires and motor WAY CHEAP :punk:

No problem, That's why we are here. Watch Evilbay (Ebay) for "riding mower differential" I sell lots of that kind of junk on Evilbay because people need it. So do a lot of other people. I watch stuff get shredded for ever that someone in the world is probably dying for.. But you can't get it all... lol.. I could spend my whole life and millions of dollars in the junkyard rescuing stuff. I watched my grand fathers farm get sold at auction. HUGELY rare 100 year old engines and a lot of it going the local scrapper..... :sadcrying4: I bought some of it... what I could at the time. A lot went for high dollar, the tractors and hit and miss engines that didn't get inherited.

There are a lot of different Peerless units out there some have 1 inch axles all the way through the housing half and that housing is thinner with less material and easier to bust. Other units have a 1 inch axle that steps down to 3/4 inch and is stronger in that area.
I have one differential that came off a Tri-Sport RTS that is cast Iron body and is just like what tots Gote used in the Charger's.
Mine has short little stubby axles just big enough for a bearing on each side and a hydraulic brake disc and one half of a 1 inch universal joint. I have to go to a shop that makes custom street rod differentials called "The Dutchman " and have them make new axles and cut the ends as they are a spline end and reduce from 1 inch to 7/8 inch. I do have the old differential from my Wards Terrain Trike but it's the type with stubby short axles for the suspended series of Ward's Terrain Trikes. It was badly worn out so I changed it out with a better one I had.
Steve :scooter:

HAHA!!! Well there's your trike guy and he is one behind too so I guess you're screwed there. :doah: well... I would tell you guys best I can say is start prowling craigslist and Evilbay... but more than anything, the junk pile in some guys back yard or the local scrap yard that it all collects at in one spot. It gets RESOLD fast though so BE ON IT regularly, but.. People will scrap the stupidest things you can imagine. I mean DUMB!! Noooooooooobody in the entire world would ever drive a MINT!! 69 CT70 across the scales and sign the title over.... Please buy this for $7 loose sheet iron... Don't even mark me up for the 60 pounds of aluminum drive line... Just give me 4 bucks and call it good :smile: BUT BY GOD!! I would NOT be surprised to see it one day.... I mean STUPID stuff I have seen junked. So a 48 year old junk as hell rusted away for 20 years riding mowers are WORTH scraping.. And they only made about a billion of them. I could NOT find a brand new from the factory or used sprocket for the Owosso trike even on EVILBAY of all places.. but found two complete EXCELLENT shape entire rear ends in a pair of John Deere 60's crushed into a ball on top of each other... :punk: Heyyyy Glen claw hammer these two tractors over to the side for me for a minute it is :punk::punk::punk: time.. I just wanna dig out $5 worth of irony junk worthless aluminum... Maybe two entire drive lines, tranny and all, two fully adjustable Tecumseh 60 carbs WITH AIR CLEANER Oh my god lookit that, Tecumseh pull starter is awesome, grab that I guess... EH junk the rest of it I guess. Theres 150 bucks worth of Evilbay... :punk::punk: The stuff is around.. You just have to find it. Old riding mowers HAS to be your best bet though....

Ratbike

No problem, That's why we are here. Watch Evilbay (Ebay) for "riding mower differential" I sell lots of that kind of junk on Evilbay because people need it. So do a lot of other people. I watch stuff get shredded for ever that someone in the world is probably dying for.. But you can't get it all... lol.. I could spend my whole life and millions of dollars in the junkyard rescuing stuff. I watched my grand fathers farm get sold at auction. HUGELY rare 100 year old engines and a lot of it going the local scrapper..... :sadcrying4: I bought some of it... what I could at the time. A lot went for high dollar, the tractors and hit and miss engines that didn't get inherited.
Yeah...one mans junk is anther mans treasure...LOL!! More fun to mak'em outta junk!!!!

DAMN!! $100 bucks? I need to go find some more... lol.. Yeah that's the nice thing about building them from used originals. You can afford to.. :censure: lol 100 bucks is probably not bad for a brand new NOS rear end. 100 bucks in a 400 dollar machine. OUCH!! :censure: lol... I sold 3 of em with a trike to go with them for 75 :doah: lol

hell yea restore kid you and me both :thumbsup: But i dont think iv ever seen a 1" diff axle all the ones iv ever picked were 3/4". I have one id sell but its 3/4 and seems pretty warn out. Actually i have two iv got to go through them and see whats what. I need one of them

Yeah that is ALSO what I have noticed.. Those DIFFs are usually 3/4 inch. The Wards bike guy was talking about has a larger axle... BUT MINE was like uhhhhhh how DID that work?.. It was an axle inside, and a tube on the OUTSIDE.... and was originally One-Wheel-Appeal.. One wheel drive floating differential.. I can't remember EXACTLY how it was originally.. it had like a bearing on the outside of one hub and a nut I think.... but SOMEONE at one point in time, drilled THROUGH the axle and outer tube, then locked them with a bolt and made it a POSSI rear end. Mine never had a gear box when I got it.... I am about %97 sure mine ORIGINALLY CAME One-Wheel-Appeal from the factory with 1 inch hollow axle tubes. They were bent and it would bounce your ass out doing 20, I know that much... :doah: HAHA!!

I found a place that has both the 3/4" and 1" Differentials... I will post where when I receive mine and make sure they are as advertised.... just under $150 each shipped to my door... :wink: Randy