T555 Need Diff. Axle...

Ratbike

DAMN!! $100 bucks? I need to go find some more... lol.. Yeah that's the nice thing about building them from used originals. You can afford to.. :censure: lol 100 bucks is probably not bad for a brand new NOS rear end. 100 bucks in a 400 dollar machine. OUCH!! :censure: lol... I sold 3 of em with a trike to go with them for 75 :doah: lol
Ahhhh, but it fit in the budget!!...Traded a mini I had $30 in for the T-555 fame with all the sprockets, jack shaft,3 22"x11"x8" knobby tires, 4 rims,front tire and rim,hubs for the rims to bolt on. I have a clone motor bought for 95.00 ( on sale w/ 20% cpn). $225.00 so far....not too bad I don't think.... S the saying goes " One mans junk..." LOL!!:clap:

The price is what it is. If you look at a project and all you see is dollar signs flying away then your in the wrong hobby. Passion and seeing a vision come true has no price tag. Last week a Flexo bare frame no wheels no motor went for $620.00 on E-Bay now that's passion. And I bet Irv & Jack Levi Flexo's original manufacture would just be amazed at the level of interest this bundle of tubing and brackets receive .
Steve :scooter:

The price is what it is. If you look at a project and all you see is dollar signs flying away then your in the wrong hobby. Passion and seeing a vision come true has no price tag. Last week a Flexo bare frame no wheels no motor went for $620.00 on E-Bay now that's passion. And I bet Irv & Jack Levi Flexo's original manufacture would just be amazed at the level of interest this bundle of tubing and brackets receive .
Harrumph!!!!!! I couldn't agree more. I see my projects as having fun learning to do new things and having fun riding it when it's done. Not to mention if it turns out great I can say I did this and it took me a while but it was worth it at any cost.........

Ratbike

I personally enjoy the challenge of finding parts(new or used),the comerodary involved in the search,others opinions as well,sharing ideas,and being able to do it your own way....

mybiz

The only bad thing about stuff selling so high is there is another guy out there with more Passion and love of the hobby. But he gets left out just because he can't compete with someone who's got more money.

Ratbike

The only bad thing about stuff selling so high is there is another guy out there with more Passion and love of the hobby. But he gets left out just because he can't compete with someone who's got more money.
That's why I go to swap meets and those types of things to get cheap parts...patience usually will get the price down also. i can pick up a fixer for cheap and resell it so I can afford to get the next part if too expensive...:detective:

mybiz

Having patience and not getting all excited. Helps a bunch. Most things I really really want I act like I'm not real interested or don't need it that bad.

mybiz

What store did you order it from? I'm sure swamperjmb will be wanting to order one for his Snowco. Plus I haven't started on my T555 yet. Who knows I to might need one.:doah:

Nice work Gumpit :bowdown: Now thats exactly what I need. I don't know why Snowco used a 3/4" axle on mine but the 1" one is the one I'm going to need.... Unfortunately, I will have to shorten one side of the axle so I will loose the threaded end. Maybe I could weld or bolt my new hubs directly to the axle. Hell if the differential fails, the hubs are cheap enough to buy again........

mybiz

:eek:hmy:Come on swamper man Go ahead and cut the one side but don't weld it.:stop::stop::stop: Just have the end you have to shorten RETREADED :no::no::no: :weld:

This is a good find for me and I may have to rework the axle ends but that's not that hard to do. I ordered my 1 inch diff and a 48 tooth sprocket last night. Now the wait for the parts to come in. But thanks to Gumpit it's on the way. The hubs I am using I got from BMI and are the billet polished aluminum 4 bolt style and they use a 1/4 inch key and clamp down on the axle and don't rely on a threaded end.

mybiz

Now thats even better. Having a key way and clamp. After i said to re thread the axle. I got to thinking swamperjbm's might be splined hub.

No it's not splined, I bought these hubs thinking I was going with the 3/4" diff and sleeves.

53-681 - Steel Hub for 1" live axle. No step

Well there's no way to keep it on the axle minus drilling holes through the hub and tapping for set screws or drilling all the way through the hub and axle and just bolting it on. I would rather drill all the way through and bolt it or weld it .The problem is I will only be able to put one bolt in :glare: The set screw idea kinda scares the shit out of me. I ordered mine 30 mins ago with the 45 tooth sprocket. I would have went with the 48 tooth but I didn't think it would fit. I would rather have a little more low end but I guess I will have to get a little more HP and Torque out of the motor......

Last edited:
Sprocket size for 35 and 41

No it's not splined, I bought these hubs thinking I was going with the 3/4" diff and sleeves.

53-681 - Steel Hub for 1" live axle. No step

Well there's no way to keep it on the axle minus drilling holes through the hub and tapping for set screws or drilling all the way through the hub and axle and just bolting it on. I would rather drill all the way through and bolt it or weld it .The problem is I will only be able to put one bolt in :glare: The set screw idea kinda scares the shit out of me. I ordered mine 30 mins ago with the 45 tooth sprocket. I would have went with the 48 tooth but I didn't think it would fit. I would rather have a little more low end but I guess I will have to get a little more HP and Torque out of the motor......
In the American Power Sports catalog they have a list of information on a lot of fun kart sprockets the #41chain sprocket size for 48 tooth is 7.82 inches and the 45 tooth is around 7.34 inches . Most trikes have the 54 Tooth sprocket that measures 8.80 inches. Good reason to get a catalog from American Power Sports - Karting Parts & Accessories