Crazy prices on ebay Cat parts?

george3

when did you ask if I would ship? I dont like shiping a compleatly restored bike, too much of a pain to pack and wrap every square inch. Unless it was shipped complete u-ship or simular. I could of sold my 1968 taco a while back if I wanted to hassle that.

And I just sold the whole slingshot I had for $75 because everybody told me it was a POS, chrome forks were painted over but the chrome was in really good shape under the paint. The wheel stars were the same way, chrome was great under the rattle can paint job. Oh well, the gentlemen I sold it to was tickled to death to get it. I told him about the site and all the places to buy parts for it. He should be popping up on here soon with questions and his project.

And I just sold the whole slingshot I had for $75 because everybody told me it was a POS, chrome forks were painted over but the chrome was in really good shape under the paint. The wheel stars were the same way, chrome was great under the rattle can paint job. Oh well, the gentlemen I sold it to was tickled to death to get it. I told him about the site and all the places to buy parts for it. He should be popping up on here soon with questions and his project.
Awww I would've put it in my sling shot army , Don't let people tell u that its a pos more than likely they wanted it for them selves .

45t

Thats not chrome under the paint! Its Gold, didn't you know! Man you got took. :laugh:

I sold it to a guy I work with, he's getting ready to retire here at the end of the year and it will be a nice little project for him. I offered it to a few people here but all I ever heard was it was way to rough and not worth much. Oh we'll, I've never been out to get rich and I know he will fix it up and enjoy it. I have a roper that I need to get rolling to trade for a king o lawn bc it's smaller for the kids. Bikes this way are scarce and I probably shouldn't have sold it but I know he will enjoy it.

I guess I am kind of a different person some would say, I have a storage building that has car parts in it that I have bought and dealt for over the years. If at anytime my friends needed something and I have it sitting on the shelf I just give it to them. I bought a brand new set of 8.8mm MSD wires and ended up going to a pro-billet distributor and had to get new wires, my buddy needed them so I handed them to him free of charge. He has always done the same for me, I don't have many friends but the few I have I trust.

buckeye

We all need friends like that. There just aren't many people left anymore that are honest and truely friends. At least in my neck of the woods. I have more true friends on this site than I do where I live.

I have no problem with someone trying to make a few bucks on ebay. It's not worth it to me. The value of this hobby is in the restoration of old minibikes and camaraderie of like-minded people. I see no value in collecting parts, or making small bits of pocket change off of sentimental old fools like me trying to restore a part of our collective youth.

However, I am glad others feel differently, because otherwise, I wouldn't have the opportunity to find needed parts. Can someone please sell me a rear disc brake Cat wheel now please? :scooter: