Manco Bigcat

Here is the Honda that I bought yesterday. I got the whole compressor for $20. At a rail yard,(railroad supplys).

Looked up a rebuild kit. They only $50 or so.

I think this will work good on the Bigcat.

Bullhead

Nice, that'll do it. :thumbsup: Does that motor have the right crank? If not, Honda cranks are available and not too awfully expensive. My old man had a splined output shaft on his GC160 engine but wanted to put the engine on his Roper, got a 3/4" keyed one online (I think it was from Sears) for like 25 or 30 bucks.

Nice, that'll do it. :thumbsup: Does that motor have the right crank? If not, Honda cranks are available and not too awfully expensive. My old man had a splined output shaft on his GC160 engine but wanted to put the engine on his Roper, got a 3/4" keyed one online (I think it was from Sears) for like 25 or 30 bucks.
I don't know yet. It's too hot (100) out this morning. I will pull the Honda off tonight.

I did see that parts for these are not expencive. Except for NR Racing. But this will be a Trail Bike. If I wanted power I'd keep my 350X ATC convertion to 2wheel.

Bullhead

Amazon sent the pulley puller tool kit yesterday. So I was up late stripping down the Honda GX240.

Finaly got to the head. Suprize, suprize! The engine was not froze from a broken rod. It had mud and water in it!

Blaster, it and used a wire wheel. Got the cyl. all cleaned up. And the piston comes all the way up to TDC.

Since I already have it so taken down. I will order a oversize piston and rebuild kit.

Luck has been with me this month. :laugh:

Cheers!
Bullhead

Got a little work done this morning. Before the 110 degree heat.
Made the seat pan and neoprene pad. And fitted the Honda GX240 block. Waiting for the rebuild kit for the Honda to show up.

Last edited:
What are you going to use for a tank?
I was going with a aluminum diamond plate tank. Walt was going to weld it up for me. But thinking about heat. Plus I'v got several rolls of fiberglass, Kevlar and Carbon Fiber. Sitting in the garage. Six 4'X8' 6" thick foam just sitting! I decited to make a one off composite tank. I will start it after we get back from Funday.

Bullhead

We are loosing our house. The city is demainding repairs we have no money for. We lost in court. So all projects are on hold.

Moving into our RV trailer on our property. Here are some photos of it. But I look at it on the bright side! I will have thousands of trails to ride on.

Last edited: