Predator 212cc/Hemi Upgrade ?s

vwfan79

Motor sounds great Gerald, I really like the lights may have to get one of those for this summer. You have really picked up on this stuff quickly and built one heck of a motor, can't wait to see your next motor build.

Motor sounds great Gerald, I really like the lights may have to get one of those for this summer. You have really picked up on this stuff quickly and built one heck of a motor, can't wait to see your next motor build.
thanks! the light is very nice and was around $30 shipped, took 5 days to get to my door from china, expected much longer, but was super fast... yeh i cant wait till the new motor is done... hopefully much faster than this one... still gathering some parts...

I am still playing around here with this head and now have a welder and a machinist to do the work.

Just need the rest of the engine to complete the mock up.

This is where the wind is blowing.
About 2cc of weld and .050 of mill for a target of 16cc.

Yes after first pass but I tried to use a mill with a ball cutter to shape chamber and thought I could follow the contour of the bowl lowering the knee. Screwed up the head but digging a trench next to the seat. Then went back and tried to fill up the trench and messed up the seat. Good thing I bought Gerald's spare hemi head. I'm sure I could do it now by just staying away from the seats by at least 1/4 inch. Don't know if that heat will loosen the interference fit however.

Yes after first pass but I tried to use a mill with a ball cutter to shape chamber and thought I could follow the contour of the bowl lowering the knee. Screwed up the head but digging a trench next to the seat. Then went back and tried to fill up the trench and messed up the seat. Good thing I bought Gerald's spare hemi head. I'm sure I could do it now by just staying away from the seats by at least 1/4 inch. Don't know if that heat will loosen the interference fit however.
if u need another im willing to sell the nr too... but its been milled and ported etc...

I don't have a mill.

I was going to try and reshape the head by hand after welding.
Risky idea on my part.

That is how it is done (by hand) saw a video on you tube by brodix fixing a head that looked like junk, tigged it up cut new seat pocket pressed in new seat and with a die grinder with a coarse carbide burr proceeded to make it look just like the other chambers. Head was then milled and finished the chamber with cartridge rolls to get same finished as un damaged chambers. Amazing.

BRODIX Cylinder Head Repair Video - YouTube

about 1.49 in he is grinding the welds.

Well I got an email from a well known engine build in NY state.

He as a sympathetic ear and has offered to help me get some parts I can't source.

So I am back on track.

I have my new grinder may as well try and see....

Note the quality control dept is watching me....

was looking for this thread for a friend, thought it had been erased... i have learned a TON since then and a lot of motors built... still learning.. I am grateful for my friends and this site... where it all started for me...