Predator 212cc/Hemi Upgrade ?s

Listened to your bike in the video.
Sure sounds nice and runs very smooth and clean.
Be interesting to see what it will do with a different carb.
still rubbing a little on the head, very little, but going to be taking off more material and resolving that all the way... also adjusted the push rods wrong (while trying to make a test run) and couldnt get it set back right... that and some issues with the bike need to be resolved prior to making any sort of "high speed" test run, if it will even run at any good speed... carb started leaking after installing the adj jet... lol.. simple fix for that, but couldnt get it to stop for nothing, while out in la! silly crap! valves were hanging open or something, hitting the piston a little...

anyhow, took the head off to work it a little more... in the mean time...

Hint......

Or do we need to :hammer:
lol... nope im listening... in the honda head are raceseng non adjustables under the rollers rockers...

but ill get some for the hemi... i think the next time around with the head, will be running as expected... i have one more hemi to play with, not going with all the extras... just rod, flywheel, cam and the nr head, with a mikuni... should run nice...

but hopefully i can get this motor tuned and after the trip to la drag spot yesterday, im in the beginning of doing something a little more aggressive... hopefully a wolf in sheeps clothing... standard bore of course!

ran the motor today and it ran very very well... carb is a pain to me... i should work with it a bit, as i played with it and it got better and better, then ran outta race gas... so instead of continuing to play with it, i will donate it to the other hemi motor i have and switch it out for the 27mm i have... gonna have to grab some jets and an intake, then re test it...

fixed the issue i had with the brakes, and the correct tire pressure so no speed wobble!!! i also need to re gear the bike...

Stopping is real important.
I added brakes to the front wheel.
yes it is... the brakes are great on the bike... even better than the hyd i have on the green doodlebug... when i adjusted the rear wheel to tighten the chain, i was in a rush, so i didnt re adj the brakes, it stops very well now... i can lock the rear up... bike runs decent too, cant wait to try a different carb or two

ran the motor today and it ran very very well... carb is a pain to me... i should work with it a bit, as i played with it and it got better and better, then ran outta race gas... so instead of continuing to play with it, i will donate it to the other hemi motor i have and switch it out for the 27mm i have... gonna have to grab some jets and an intake, then re test it...

fixed the issue i had with the brakes, and the correct tire pressure so no speed wobble!!! i also need to re gear the bike...
I think I said this before, but just in case I didn't.. a 390 is hard to get to run real good on a small block, especially on gas. And, the adjustable jet is very sensitive.....I did a fair amount of work on my 390 carbs to get them to work well, but they are all on meth too. And, I recommend the cut to length push rods, either from ARC or Comp cams. (the ARC are smaller diameter, but I used the comp cams with no clearance issues on a hemi head engine).

I think I said this before, but just in case I didn't.. a 390 is hard to get to run real good on a small block, especially on gas. And, the adjustable jet is very sensitive.....I did a fair amount of work on my 390 carbs to get them to work well, but they are all on meth too. And, I recommend the cut to length push rods, either from ARC or Comp cams. (the ARC are smaller diameter, but I used the comp cams with no clearance issues on a hemi head engine).
nope, you said it! and this is sound advice as always... and it does show promise, just needs to be set aside for now, ill play with it on something else... you were correct

rmm727

When you guys run the adjustable jet, are you using the main just that is supposed to be used with it or just the jet you had in there. Just asking for my own knowledge.

When you guys run the adjustable jet, are you using the main just that is supposed to be used with it or just the jet you had in there. Just asking for my own knowledge.
i left the one in there that came with NR, but planned to run one i knew was a little bigger than i would need and have more adjust-ability up or down, in case i made other changes, or needed to do something according to a elevation change etc...

I haven't used one much yet. I did try one in a AKRA legal engine, I put a .042 jet (when the proper jet was in the higher 30's) and dialed it in. I just did that to see if it would work on a jet that small (.042 is the max legal size, and it did work). Just to be clear, I was just testing, the adjustable jet is NOT legal in a AKRA build.

Gerald I think you are officially hooked. Can't wait to see how it performs with the upgrades.
i still have a limit, but i can see what you mean! def more into it than i thought i would be...

i really hope this new carb smooths everything out, once tuned right... waiting on some jets and i can get it on the bike and running...