Recent content by pilotchris

1. P

TAV Problem?

Hi Folks; Finally finished my Super Bronc VT1012 but I think I am having TAV problems. I bought the Bronc with an 8 hp Tecumseh. It had the 60 tooth sprocket on the rear. I ran it down the alley and I remember thinking "geez, this thing is SLOW!" Well, it will be better when I put the...
  2. P

Super bronc speedo

Send me a PM with your email and address and I will send one that I have to you. It is an unused original super bronc speedometer head with NO drive cable or No drive unit (that attaches to the axel).
  3. P

Alternator Wiring 10 HP Tecumseh

Alternator wiring I believe if a guy thinks about it long enough, it gets figured out. Most engines {like on a snow blower} have one green wire coming from under the flywheel to the throttle lever. Once this throttle lever is closed {lowered to its lowest setting} it grounds the system out...
  4. P

Still Need Alternator Wiring Help Well, the good news is that I did not fry anything (that I know of). The engine is still throwing a spark. I sure could use someones expert help though. I have attached a really simple wiring diagram that I just need help in completing. My key switch...
  5. P

Sorry guys...I had the wires crossed coming from the alternator. DUH! Hopefully I did not cause damage with that little poof of smoke!
  6. P

Electrical Guru's; I mounted the brand new 10 HP on the Super Bronc today. I attempted to make some final wire connections and when trying to hood up the alternator, there was a spark and a poof of smoke. OH NO! I have two wires coming from the engine from the alternator...a red one and a...
  7. P

Almost There Super Bronc!

Sorry...the exhaust was sold some time ago. Seems to me a new replacement is available on line somewhere. I was thinking the other day. How hard would it be to have a metal bending outfit make up some new fenders? Perhaps those machines have moveable rollers so the shape could be matched. A...
  8. P

Almost There Super Bronc!

Holy cow...its been nearly three years. I am almost done with my VT-10 rebuild. It had been powder coated now...a dark blue frame with black wheels and fenders. It looks pretty sharp. Next week I will roll it up from the basement and install the 10 hp Tecumseh. After that its the custom...
  9. P

Gas Tank To Gas Tank Connection

Hi Guys; Tried to do some searching on here regarding this but could not find anything. My VT 10 Super Bronc project is coming along. I have one of the original super bronc gas tanks (that sits on top of the frame) that I would like to connect to the 10 hp tecumseh gas tank. Has anyone...
  10. P

Super Bronc Project

Wow what a long, drawn out project...but I am hanging in there. Either you have no time or no money. I am pretty pumped up now because I just took delivery of my brand new 10 HP Tecumseh model number LH358XA-159538. Ok so I dropped $450 but she's a beauty! I am starting to mock up the stuff...
  11. P

Super Bronc parts needed

There is a guy on ebay selling some bronc stuff now (03/23/11) or check out the website below. The springs look pretty similar. Malaguti Fork Tube Spring Baret for $3.99 in Malaguti from 1977 Mopeds
  12. P

Super Bronc Project

Here are a few more photos of the parts I have accumulated. The fenders, like all used bronc fenders, have to be sandblasted and re-chromed or powdercoated. I will probably have them powdercoated silver instead of the chrome. More than likely, I will have the frame powdercoated in some shade...
  13. P

Super Bronc Project

Its time for me to finally post a project log on my super bronc VT-10 project. I bought a bronc about a year ago and am rebuilding it. I am in the "parts accumulation phase". It is taking quite a while because $$$ is not always available. I want to have a street legal bronc just for riding...
  14. P

Super Bronc Parts VT10

I have some super bronc items for sale. EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE. Frame: $100, Front Fork: $20, Shock tubes: $15, three Rear Fenders (in not to bad shape) $20 each, two front fenders (in need of metal fabrication) $5 each, a seat with two pieces of tape on it (I would guess covering some...
  15. P

8 HP Tecumseh For Sale In Milwaukee, WI

Hi guys, Still looking to sell my 8 HP Tecumseh HM80. Electric start, alternator, horizontal shaft, air filter, muffler. New price is $175 plus shipping. Runs good. I think it could use a little carb cleaning though.