Recent content by teckkev

1. T

Project: Atlas

UPDATE Bike is painted blue. Friend who works for a body shop painted it for me. It looks like it just came new off the shelf. I am picking up the forks/handlebars/rims this weekend from him (painted seperately). I bought a HF engine, but going to swap it on my doodlebug for the HF blue...
  2. T

WTB: Atlas Parts (Reprod?)

Project near completion. I am looking for 1 part to finish, but also looking for other parts to improve. 1) K-H 200m Brake System (Mine is cracked with pad oushing out the back (fixed pad) 2) Front Springs (I like shiny chrome ones) 3) Rear Wheel Assy Thanks, Kevin - Hillsboro, OH
  3. T

Pocket Rocket or Mini?

I'm untrained at identifying. I see Murray written on it.. Is this a real mini or some cheap repro? The seat reminds me of a crotch rocket (no single rear shock). Thanks, Kevin - Hillsboro, OH
  4. T

Found buried in my yard

Nooo, thank you! I never seen a bike like that before (from that decade). Being newb, I wasn't too bad at saying it looked like a Rascal (old people scooter) :smile: Maybe someone can correct me.. it looks more like a scooter that was modded to a bike? Again, great find and thanks for...
  5. T

Found buried in my yard

1946 hiawatha doodle bug mini bike | eBay Like that? Kevin - Hillsboro, OH
  6. T

Found buried in my yard

It looks like one of those old people scooters modified :) Something just isn't right about that bike... could it be another bike that was modified? It looks like the bottom all the way to the back where it meets the upper part might been added. I hope someone can identify it :confused...
  7. T

Briggs 4HP

:clap: Well done! I actually understood that :smile: The '4' decal is painted over. It was just an assumption on my behalf it was 4HP. Thanks, Kevin - Hillsboro, OH
  8. T

Just got home with a mini

Is that on the Ruppsters Sears-Roper bike in 'Projects' ? I'll have to contact Ruppster to give me leads on parts :) I made a goal for myself and site.. Complete my Atlas project and become a supporting member as the reward. Thanks everyone for giving me the correct answer! Kevin -...
  9. T

Morning light pics. Comparing the 3rd pic to the 'Ruppster' bike, his is different than mine. The 3rd pic shows what looks to be a brake (caliper style) hole and 2 smaller holes for the mounting of the brake mech. I am an UNTRAINED person. I am trying to identify characteristics of the...
  10. T

I'll post a daytime pic tomorrow :) Kevin - Hillsboro, OH
  11. T

I just got home from picking this bike up. It is night time, not sure how good pics are. Kickstand is on the other side betwwen engine and rear tire. Thanks, Kevin - Hillsboro, OH
  12. T

Briggs 4HP

Side of shroud 30212 0812-0 77032801 30 was my interpretation. It was scubbed and kinda hard to make out. Decal shows 4HP.. that is why I stated 4HP :shrug: Kevin - Hillsboro, OH
  13. T

Briggs 4HP

Give me 15 min and I'll tell you :) Kevin - Hillsboro, OH
  14. T

Another Project ARCO #2

Thanks for the tip, I went and bought one. Now I am trying to find a decent compressor! I bought Kobalt 30 Gallon and it is absolute crap! I am returning it today and buying Campell Hausenfield 60 gallon. The grinding I did complete is turning out nice as yours. BTW, how are you going to...
  15. T

A new citizen

Those citizen tests are involved. People that pass them know more about USA than most Americans do. We think we know our government, but when it comes down to the brass tacks... most don't. Even now, I find myself still learning things I never knew about our government. Props to him passing...