Found buried in my yard

I'm new here but not to Mini-bikes. I bought my first MB out of the back of Popular Mechanics in 1965. A WEN 2 1/2 HP bike. I put so many miles on that thing I wore the engine out by the time I was going to high school. I sold it in 1968 and have fond memories of blasting through the Forrest in Maryland.
In 1992 I moved to New Mexico and bough a portion of an old ranch. After building the house I was policing up the property when I found a place where the ground had been disturbed. ( out here nothing ever heals). I uncovered a mini-bike buried under about 10" of pine needles and clay dust.
Other than the tires it was in pretty good shape. I was able to get the engine working in about and hour. All of the cables were trashed as was the brake handle as if it had taken a spill. It has a B&S engine 80202 series that I think the serial number says it was made in 1967? The bike looks to be factory made.
Not having a mini-bike parts place here I was able to find a few necessary to get it running. It runs well and I'd like to bring it back to what it looked like when it was made. The only real problem is the recoil started engine cover is broken in the inside where the three tabs keep the starter fly-wheel in place.
I looked at several photo's here and on the web and cannot find a MB that looks like this one. If anyone here has info or photo's I'd really appreciate it.
I took close up photo's of the holes that used to hold the chain guard? and fenders?
+++ the software here has turned several photos for some reason,sorry++++++

Last edited:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm not sure WHAT it is.. :blink: It looks sorta like a Flexo or Gokart Cycle.. But it's not either of those.. :shrug: It's pretty damned sweet I know that.. 67 would be abouit right for a small 3 horse briggs minibike.. If the first two digits of the code are 67, it's a 67... It might be all original 1967-68 whatever it is cycle....

It's sweet.. and the story is unbelievable.. Welcome to the site.. :thumbsup:

buckeye

No way. Only thing I find burried in my yard is dog bones.
It's old for sure. No clue. i initially thought Skat Kitty. But I looked at photos of them and not it.

I got word for another site that the engine in too new for this mini-bike! The guy cannot remember the maker but said the engine was a rope starter and not a recoil start. He could not remember who made the engine.
This makes sense as the engine mounting holes look to have been re-drilled. There is also a mounting bracket for a gas tank? on the upper support bar of the frame.
The frame has been repainted as the paint is very thick and in layers. The color looks to be original though.

Last edited:
It looks like one of those old people scooters modified :) Something just isn't right about that bike... could it be another bike that was modified? It looks like the bottom all the way to the back where it meets the upper part might been added. I hope someone can identify it :confused:

Kevin - Hillsboro, OH

Last edited:
NM and CO it's so dry you can bury anything and it's like a time capsule!

We have 30's vintage cars that were buried to make dams on streams for cattle in the hills and they are still recognizable as cars!

james c

those are totally rare, to find one buried is like finding gold. if you decide to get rid of it let me know. ive been digging for 25 years and am yet to find one!

The frame does not look as if it has been cut. The foot peg/bar looks to have been added at some time, perhaps when it was re-engined.
Are their parts/repro's out there to put fenders ,chain guard,tank, what ever back on the bike? I'm new to the restoration wold of mini-bikes.
Thanks for the replies. I'm really looking forward restoring the bike.

The frame does not look as if it has been cut. The foot peg/bar looks to have been added at some time, perhaps when it was re-engined.
Are their parts/repro's out there to put fenders ,chain guard,tank, what ever back on the bike? I'm new to the restoration wold of mini-bikes.
Thanks for the replies. I'm really looking forward restoring the bike.
Nooo, thank you! I never seen a bike like that before (from that decade). Being newb, I wasn't too bad at saying it looked like a Rascal (old people scooter) :smile: Maybe someone can correct me.. it looks more like a scooter that was modded to a bike?

Again, great find and thanks for sharing!!!

Kevin - Hillsboro, OH