Search results

1. O

Rupp with cloan motor torque converter question

Motor is in and the torque converter is on:
  2. O

how a mini bike runs

When I was a kid I had to do that with my minibike. To set landspeed records, sometimes you need a boost. Hell, even the cars at the salt flats need a push :scooter:
  3. O

Well that's good news. Thanks
  4. O

Isn't the HS40 a 1/2" shaft and the 6.5hp motor a 3/4? Am I wrong and I can just use the entire Rupp Torque converter?
  5. O

I'm looking to temporarily put a 6.5hp Predator motor in my Rupp Roadster. I know the shaft size is different between the HS40 and the Predator so I'm looking to only upgrade the driver unit. Would I be able to get this driver unit and leave the original jackshaft setup the same and will it...
  6. O

1970 Rupp Roadster Rebuild

I got it from a used mower shop down the street from me and when I brought the motor in (to make sure I got a sidecover that fits) he looked at it and got all nostalgic when I told him what it was for. He said they used to sell Rupp's back in the day and sidecover I got is probably from around...
  7. O

What do you want a video of? I'll have my girlfriend ride it around...she's better to look at than me :wink:
  8. O

"Before and After" pics

Thanks. My buddy's mom is a seamstress so she made it for me. Any seamstress can make a seat for you pretty easily if you have the original they can use as a pattern
  9. O

"Before and After" pics

Here's my before and after: Before: After: Before: After: Before: After: Before: After:
  10. O

Alright I painted the sidecover and put on the air filter. I think I'm officially done.
  11. O

At times I was thinking of buying a clone motor, dropping it in and calling it a day but I'm glad I didn't. The only pain in the ass part about rebuilding the motor was finding the right parts for it. That's what held up my build so much. I also think the bike looks better with the original...
  12. O

Thanks everyone for the comments, all the work really paid off in the end. The brakes aren't the best but I did reuse all the original stuff. The brakes were frozen solid so they may just need to wear in. Also the clutch belt puts off a lot of rubber dust. I hoping that will eventually go...
  13. O

It runs! I took it for a ride for the first time today. Ironically, I picked it up out of a field on a rainy day in the beginning of March in 09' and took it for its first ride in the rain 2 years later. I'm suprised with how much low end it has. I didn't think it would actually pull...
  14. O

Its been a long time since I've updated this thread so here we go. I got rid of the tach to just do a simple wiring job. For the connector I just gutted some off the shelf connectors: Here was my temp wiring to make sure everything was wired right before I did it nice...
  15. O

Does someone have a complete engine number for a 1970 Rupp Roadster?

Is that part number 630950A? I googled "NOS Lauson carb" found this: Took a shot in the dark and bought it. I hope it works... I just want a nice running minibike :scooter:
  16. O

That carb number is discontiued so I'm still SOL for a carb.:mad2:
  17. O

Thanks for the quick response :thumbsup: Incase anyone else is wondering, the part number for that carb is Tecumseh 631588. Now I found a place that sells it but I'm looking to buy a bolt on carb and I found this (237A)for $42.86, since the place is closed and I'm curious...is this...
  18. O

My Roadster was missing the original flywheel cover so I don't have an engine number to order parts from. I'm trying to buy a new diaphram carb but I can't find a part number anywhere. If if anyone has an original 1970 Rupp Roadster with the HS40 motor, could you post the number on the side so...
  19. O

Should I upgrade my HS40 diaphram carb?

Nobody knows a part number for the carb that came on a 1970 Rupp Roadster?
  20. O

Should I upgrade my HS40 diaphram carb?

Does anyone know of any part numbers for this carb? My motor was missing the engine plate so I don't know what serial number my HS40 is. It is the HS40 with the lighting coil that came with the bike. The number on teh side of the carb I am replacing is "356 0f4" but I can't find that part...