Search results

1. X

Ebay crooks

Sounds like you need to up your meds, have a nice day.
  2. X

Ebay crooks

Yeah it is exactly the point, its only been 14 days!
  3. X

Ebay crooks

So get your $50 refund from Ebay and move on with your life!
  4. X

tav or jackshaft?

I have had both on my bike and prefer the Jack Shaft. I actually took my TAV off and sold it on Ebay for twice what I paid :) For me the Tav seemed to suck way too much power. The Jack shaft had better power at almost every RPM. I have an extended wheelbase Doodlebug with a 6.5 clone.
  5. X

the baja doudle bug out of bow first ride is

I totally agree, if you know someone who can weld get a $35 jackshaft kit. Jordon
  6. X

Who was the first?

My guess would be about 2-3 days after the first one was sold :laugh:
  7. X

used 2.8 has no power

This is the one I got. I have been very happy with both of mine AZ1826-10 - Complete Jackshaft Kit 5/8" x 10" If I remember right we went from 6-1 to about 9-1 on my wife's bike. You will also need some more chain. They have gears on their website so you can go even lower if you want. Jordon
  8. X

used 2.8 has no power

I would say if its broke its probably not worth fixing if you have to spend much money on it. However it may just be a carburetor adjustment. Have you looked at the plugs yet? If the 2.8 engines are not geared right they are total dogs! The weld on jack shaft kits cost around $35 and are...
  9. X

All Terrain Tire??

They made them in a 145-70-6 in 2008 Google Image Result for http://img.directindustry.com/pdf/repository_di/26949/2008-ct-w-product-catalog-42622_26b.jpg If you do some calling around I bet someone somewhere has a set. The item number is 5010461 Jordon
  10. X

Reliability of a Clone?

I don't think they will have anywhere near the life span of a real Honda. Open a clone up and you will see the expert Chinese craftsmanship :crying: Engines on mini bikes lead fairly easy lives compared to to say a commercial pressure washer that runs under load for 8 hours a day. So the clones...
  11. X

NOS Comet TAV unit

Just sell it on Ebay I sold my USED TAV-20 for $300 on Ebay and didn't get harassed in the process. :thefinger:
  12. X

Fixing flats

I have used the green slime with mixed results. Sometimes it works great, other times it seems to do nothing. If you know where the hole is I would patch it and be done.
  13. X

briggs intek 190 in doodlebug? need help

I have had my 6.5 mounted directly onto the frame plate for over a year now with no problems. Just make sure to use a large backer plate. I ended up using 2 large pieces of steel channel. Most people just use disc brakes off mountain bikes, and if your doing it it's probably worth the time to...
  14. X

Who'll admit that their DB30 has thrown them?

Never been thrown, just impaled by the handle bars, 2 huge bruises on my gut. Reminder.. dont drive over tree roots that are taller than the kick stand :)
  15. X

Anyone ok with their stock disc brakes?

Yeah I thought the same thing till mine broke. I had it adjusted perfectly, almost no slop and had plenty of power.... then SNAP no brakes the part that holds the brake pads on broke in two. New brakes are worth the time and money!
  16. X

Has anyone tried 12-1 gearing ?

Hey everyone, Last year I put a jackshaft on my wifes DB30. If I remember right it went from 6-1 to about 9-1 gearing and it made a HUGE difference. The stock 2.8hp engine isnt bad if its geared right with a light rider. Just curious if anyone has tried something on the range of 12-1...
  17. X

need major help QUICK!!!

Yeah your right, they happen as a by product of running an engine.
  18. X

need major help QUICK!!!

My guess would be the carburetor is dirty and your not getting gas, take it apart and blast it with carburetor cleaner. I would also get a inline fuel filter if it does not already have one. Now about the air filter, its never a good idea to run an engine with out an air filter but chances are...
  19. X

Engine Oil

Shell Rotella is good oil, probably better than most. Most of these small air cooled engines are not hard on oil. I would be willing to bet these engines would lead a long life with any automotive grade oil. In fact back in high school shop class we ran one of these engines with out oil till it...
  20. X

supercharging

Sweet! I would recommend seeking out people who have actually done it. Check out youtube, there are a few people running smog pump superchargers. Since no one makes a "kit" your not going to get much help, mostly people telling you cant do it. Your in fairly uncharted territory here just...