Search results

1. Cdrew11

GX390 Idles, Won't rev

Like the title says I've got a GX390 that runs, but now I'm having trouble getting it to rev. It starts and idles fine but it only revs when put on the choke. Using the throttle causes it to die...take my hand off the throttle, it idles just fine. I took out the spark plug and it's black. I was...
  2. Cdrew11

6hp Won't start

I have this 6HP Powersport engine that's not starting. The engine has compression and it turns. The spark plug works fine when put on another engine, but when I turn the engine while the spark plug is on the coil from the Tecumseh, I get no spark at all. I've also severed any wired connections...
  3. Cdrew11

Please help! Powermax Clone 13HP

Hey guys, last year I bought myself a 13hp honda clone in hopes of using it on my go kart. After putting in the welds and the jackshaft setup to accommodate it I tried to start it. After pulling on the recoil starter a good while I thought that the engine would never get going until I pulled one...
  4. Cdrew11

Oh Snap!

So here's the story Everything that could go wrong today went extremely wrong when I was trying to get the mini bike assembled today. I managed to get nearly everything assembled when I messed up the paint, tipped the bike a few times and screwed up the finish. When all was said and done I...
  5. Cdrew11

Show me your seats!

As the title says! I want to see your seats! Post pictures of your mini bike seats- big or small, fab or drab. If you want, toss in how much you got it for and who made it. Strange finds and awesome designs are welcomed too! :clap:
  6. Cdrew11

Strange craigslist find

I found this on craigslist a few minutes ago so I thought I might share it with you guys. Apparently it's a go-kart powered by twin rocket engines....I kid you not! Check it out... Other Makes Turbonique Rocket Powered Go Kart 1960's
  7. Cdrew11

Anyone think of this yet?

I'm not sure if this will work, but has anyone tried to make a fuel tank out of one of these? (Or a similar product for that matter) I'm curious to know if anyone's tried this with any success, seeing as coming across one of those NOS cylindrical tanks is near impossible on such a tight budget.
  8. Cdrew11

Sprucing up the "Craigslist Special"

This is pretty much what 100 bucks got me on craigslist, an unknown mini bike with a pair of Briggs 3hp engines and what can I say? I love the damn thing. I managed to get it running after swapping out a clean carb with the gunked out one it had originally- hence the two tone paint job on the...
  9. Cdrew11

Where to start?

I've got a 6 hp Tecumseh power-sport engine that has yet to find it's way on to my on to my mini bike. It came off an old yerf-dog 3202 and is covered in all kinds of dirt and gunk. I began to take it apart, removing the gas tank, the air filter, and the muffler. I plan to order a new header...