Search results

1. M

Need help with seat!!!!!

Anyone have one to sell me or any suggestions as to what I need for this bike. The seat pan was all broken, rusted and not able to be used . So I need some ideas. Project almost done but need a seat. It has to fasten on the front bottom of the seat and then the shocks have to also mount to the...
  2. M

How about a trade of some sort?

I'm in Missouri. Wondering if anyone out there would want to trade 1 good running mini for my three frames. 2 Scat Cats and Monkey Wards. 1 Scat Cat has a 3.5 hp Tecumsah and is mostly done except brake cable and seat. Other 2 are roller frames. I would like to trade form something on the bigger...
  3. M

Couple Questions on brake cables and seats.

I need a brake cable. I seem to need one that has a rod on the wheel side of the cable that goes through the brake pin shaft and can be turned by hand. It has a hand turn nut on the the threaded rod. I can't seem to identify what i need including BMI and some other sites. Can you link me to what...
  4. M

Pic of jack shaft. Can you give me your 2 cents?

This is a Gilson frame I picked up last week. I looks like someone did a modification with new brackets for the jack shaft with grease zerts on them. But question is. How would you change to the other gear on jackshaft. Reverse the back wheel is my guess. I will leave it to you experts to...
  5. M

Just bought a Monkey Wards Couple questions

The jack shaft looks to be reversible. How does that work. Do you reverse the wheel and move the brake cable? Because the chain from motor would have to stay in place on the one sprocket so the wheel has to be moved 180 degrees. The frame I bought has bars where some shocks could go. i assume...
  6. M

Picked up a new one tonight. Yea Baby What is it?????

I dont know what model. Help
  7. M

Not bad for a Sunday.

This bike was totally disassembled and last Sun. I painted it and assembled it to this point minus seat, throttle cable and brake lever and cable. Probably should have let paint dry a little longer but I was on a mission. What a great day. HEHE
  8. M

Major Seat Problem Pics Included Scat Cat

Redoing my Scat Cat. I am down to seat and throttle and brake cable. I have noticed my seat mounts seemed loose when I bought the project. But tonight I took apart the seat and found major problems. The metal seat pan is shattered and in pieces. Help. Anyone got a seat that might work or have...
  9. M

Went from totally disassembled to almost all put together today. QUESTIONS

I got it almost all put together today. Two questions. How tight on the back axle. I tightened it to where I thought it would not move around but when rolling the bike it seems hard to roll. Do I back off some. I am worried it might move around but i do have axle tensioners on the bike. And when...
  10. M

Question about Foot Pegs ???????????????

I bought a roller scat cat frame and the footpegs were welded to the frame. So the footpegs would not raise up or give. Well it looks like one of the pegs hit something and ripped it off and caused there to be a hole in the frame where it was mounted. I know this is probably now a weak spot...
  11. M

Needed Shocks that will fit Scat Cat and Seat

The shocks that came on my project are not original and the holes in the top and bottom of shocks are way to big for the shafts they mount on. And that allows the seat to move side to side quite a bit. So figure I need some more original ones. And the seat I got is a terrible homemade one. Its...
  12. M

Need some 10 inch scat cat wheels. or similar ones.

I am dead in the water if I cant find some 10 inch wheels. I also need a front fork spring. Pm me. Thanks, Metty
  13. M

HELP me find rimfirekyle.

Trying to locate rimfirekyle. He might have the parts I need, but I get no response from him. Anyone know how to locate him? Thanks Metty
  14. M

Scat Cat Project Just Starting

Well got it all torn apart. Still searching for a back wheel and front fork spring but the rest pretty much there. I guess the bike was red when new.
  15. M

Do any of you respoke wheels?

I got a good hub and rim but my spokes are shot. Any help or ideas? Thanks, Metty
  16. M

Well I learned all about springs today.

I went to 4 spring shops to see if I could match the front fork spring that was missing off my Scat Cat when I bought it. Although I did not even come close to finding one I learned how to measure springs. My spring is .187 Dia. of the wire 13.75 Total Coils 7 inches long 1.593 inches...
  17. M

Here is my scat cat project I am needing a few parts for.

The front wheel I got with it is not matching. The back wheel is original spoked wheel but has some broken spokes. So I am really needing front and rear wheel. Tires are great. Motor runs great. Oh and a front shock spring and a front axle. I would trade the front rim with the round holes in...
  18. M

Looking at some old posts. I saw the piles of parts and stuff in your garages.

Share the wealth. I was looking at some old posts and you guys up north are loaded with minis. Share some of those parts with us less fortunate fellows. I need some scat cat wheels. I am almost having a mental breakdown over the fact I might never find the right wheels for my Scat SC 114...
  19. M

I am so excited. Got my motor running. Heading out to the highway. HEHE

I bought this project Scat Cat a couple weeks ago. I threw it into the garage and have not tested the motor until tonight. With a little ajdustment to the needle got it purring like a kitten. Even did an oil change. I put 10w 30 into my 3.5 Tecumsah. Is that oil allright. Next issue is while...
  20. M

New Member and in search of a few things for a Scat Cat.

Hello my name is Metty, I am 45 years old, and I love all bikes but especially old minibikes. Maybe because my parents would not let me have one when I was a kid. HEHE Anyway about 5 years ago I restored a Western Flyer Minibike. Great fun but I sold it. Kick myself now as I have on many...