Search results

1. 4

By chance was this an American leisure mini bike?

I been searching hundreds of vintage minibike catalogs trying to identify my frame. However, the only front end fork that comes close to what I have was an American Leisure falcon. The frame also incorporates the type of brake that scrapes against the rear tire when the brake lever is deployed...
  2. 4

Heathkit 2 speed Transmission sprocket Problem

Finally getting back to my Boonie Bike project. My current challenge is that the inner sleave on the 14 tooth sprocket on the boonie bike (low speed) transmission section is worn out on one side. I don't know if I can find a replacement (comet) part for this. I have the transmission repair kit...
  3. 4

Need advice about my boonie bike project

In the process of completing my boonie bike, the orginal 5hp motor had serious corrossion on the side crankcase side. It had two small holes right through the end case and corrossion on the mating flange. I ended up using JB weld and patched up the two holes in the crankcase. Then I had a little...
  4. 4

Replacement clutch for Boonie bike

Finally making progress on my restore effort. My old comet clutch is in need of replacement. I am looking for a 3/4 bore, 12 tooth, #35 chain, with a double sprocket for my Heathkit Boonie Bike. Anyone have one for sale that is reasonable? Herman email me at "kozubh@juno.com"
  5. 4

Boonie Bike - Rear Wheel Removal

Hi everyone, Don't have a manual yet, but was wondering how does the rear wheel come off. I want to dismantel the wheel from the frame, but it looks like there are two screws that mount into the brake area that are free spining. I am not sure how the back wheel comes out. The two bolts have nuts...
  6. 4

Boonie Bike Question

Very new to this site and have a simple question. got a boonie bike and it was in pieces. Orginal owner couldn't tell me if it came with a 2 speed shifter and cable. Does the bike need a shifter and cable to operate? Will it work in an automatic mode between gears like a TAV? The simple question...
  7. 4

Looking for a shifter for a Boonie Bike

Looking for a shifter and cable for a Heathkit Boonie bike. Thanks
  8. 4

New Guy From Michigan

In way of introductions, I use to have a mini bike when I was around 13 years old. It was a do it yourself type of minibike. Bought the frame from a local store in Dearborn Heights, and got a 3 hp Briggs and Straton engine from my uncle. It wasn't very fast but it was fun. Now fast forward 43...