Search results

1. H

What is it?

Taiwan?
  2. H

Heald vt8 hm80 recoil start

1974 hm80 on Heald runs well, but you can really jerk your arm with the pull start as it locks up every few pulls...Im guessing these don't have decompression for easy starting. Any ideas for easier starts? Is there a trick to it? Things im considering is a bigger pull handle (like on snow...
  3. H

What is it?

4. H

Vt-8 front tire for improved handling

Running what I think is the original turf saver carlisle 18x8.5x8 on my heald vt-8. Lots of surface area on ground, but doesn't handle well. Thinking a tire less riding mower and more motorcycle like might help. This has been discussed here before...just would like to hear what all you guys are...
  5. H

Super bronc vt1040 exaust heat

I have a super bronc 10hp with stock exaust run atop the rear fender (not older can muffler that directed exaust down) When heavier individuals ride bike seat gets closer to exaust, and bottom of seat gets warm. I've seen seats melt in the back from this and looking for ways to block heat. Don't...
  6. H

Comet 30 Tav vs Tav2

Is a comet 30 Tav2 just a later (improved) verson of the original comet 30? Anyone know what the differences were? Or when they started making Tav2s?
  7. H

Sears Puddle Jumper plastic gas tank 1979-81

Looking for a one like this:
  8. H

Comet 30 inner hub

The inner hub of my comet 30 torque converter (in driver) is stuck to shaft (not normal?) Bike wants to take off from start...and im guessing this is the problem? This is the piece that when clean should slide freely through the works. Any suggestions on how to free it without damage? Heat...
  9. H

Rear fender and bracket for Sears 79-80

Looking for rear metal bracket and plastic fender that went on Sears full suspension bike circa 1980...Manco built bike (like Manco Screamer) with holes in front and rear frame support. Thanks.
  10. H

Oval intake w louvers

Can anyone tell me what kind/where to get filters for oval intake can. Can't post pic, but its about 2 in by 3 oval, 3 in deep. Opens on end cap with fixed louvers. For a 1980 4hp tecumseh.
  11. H

What is it?

12. H

What is it?

13. H

1970 Rupp Roadster Project

I'm looking for some input on a rupp project. Would like to just get it going with minimal $ for a first time mini bike driver...don't want to overpower it. Considering putting on a 3hp B&S flathead I have from a edger (or a 79cc predator) and since it's missing the TC driver, just go with...
  14. H

foot pegs covers rupp roadster

Would these fit? Close to stock for 70 roadster? 7/8" Black Ribbed Foot Peg Covers (PAIR), 4" total length https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/7-8-Black-Ribbed-Foot-Peg-Covers.html?category_id=16 Thanks
  15. H

Rupp????

16. H

Engine mount

I know the engine mount should give this away...but I can't figure it out.....
  17. H

Chevy?

18. H

Kinda looks like an MTD?

I thought so at first...but the hole pattern in the rear wheel plate looks wrong to me.
  19. H

Briggs pulsa jet on vintage mini bikes

Have been holding on to these cause I thought I might find a needy mini bike. Anyone know what vintage bikes actually used these pulsa jet Briggs? A purist might say none...given the color, exhaust..etc...but I just mean type engine with the pulsajet. I'm guessing the black one (3hp) is...
  20. H

Trailsport Buffalo specs

I'm trying to find out if the Trailsport Buffalo TS-600 (6hp) and TS-500 (5hp) are built on the same frame. From pictures I've found, the forks look different, but the frames might be the same. Anyone know?...or happen to have both sitting around for comparison? :laugh: Also, anyone know...