Search results

1. RuttmanRacer

WTB 1970's KZ 650 - 1000

I am looking for a 1970s Kawasaki KZ 650 900 or 1000 to customize. I have searched other sites all winter without any luck so I thought I would check here. I'm not too worried about condition so please send me all offers. Must have a tank and an engine so I can get started most everything...
  2. RuttmanRacer

Project Bare Bones Hemi Ruttman

I needed a minibike completed by this Sunday with minimal money invested. Luckily I had a frame, wheels and a lot of parts that needed to do more than sit on the shelf. For everything else I am lucky enough to live close to Motor City Minis oh yeah and I bought a Hemi Predator. I bought this...
  3. RuttmanRacer

Sprocket change

I just picked up a new rear sprocket from our friends at Motor City Minis. It is a 72 tooth with large holes drilled in it. My current setup is an 11 tooth Max Torque front with a 60 tooth rear. The bike goes about 28MPH (on GPS 30 down hill on pavement). 6.5HP Greyhound clone stock. It...
  4. RuttmanRacer

Hurry up paint job

I bought this red ruttman over the winter. The seller said he thought someone from oldminibikes.com built it and sold it to him but he wasn't sure who it was. I ended up leaving it as is and taking it up north to tool around on. But for some reason I got the itch to paint it today. I am on...
  5. RuttmanRacer

Motor help Briggs ID?

I bought 2 vintage Briggs and Stratton motors over the weekend. One says it is a 2 horse but the one with the stamped B / S doesn't say. I tried to read the codes but I'm still not sure. Can anyone tell or lead me to a site for vintage Briggs and Stratton motor codes? View image in gallery...
  6. RuttmanRacer

Clone kill switch

I am looking for a replacement kill switch for my HF 6.5 Clone. Mine broke somehow the last time I had the motor apart for paint.
  7. RuttmanRacer

Thanks Mean M. Effin Dean!!!

I had the pleasure of meeting Mean Dean today and I am happy to say I didn't walk away empty handed. It is no secrete that Dean knows his :censure: especially when it comes to Ruttmans and Lil Indians but I was able to see it for myself today. It is clear that Dean has forgotten more about...
  8. RuttmanRacer

Rattle can clear coat?

View image in gallery Is anyone familiar with this clear? I bought it at Lowes. None of the auto parts stores around me had a flat or satin clear. Lowes had a Valspar indoor/outdoor or this. They told me this would be stronger than the Valspar but I have never seen it before. Has anyone...
  9. RuttmanRacer

Have you ever seen this?

This is a shot of the downtubes on my Ruttman. Has anyone seen a series of holes drilled in the downtubes like this before or know what they are for? I assume it did not leave the factory that way. Any ideas before I fill them? View image in gallery
  10. RuttmanRacer

Ruttman Build

View image in gallery This is what I have after about 1 week. The frame had some holes drilled in it for a gas tank and a couple more on the rear down tubes that needed to be filled. Also the foot peg mounts need to be replaced. There is body filler on the rear end and around the neck...
  11. RuttmanRacer

Ruttman Specs?

Does anyone know what motors (make and hp) originally came on Ruttman bikes (as in Vulture, Spyder, Horny Toad, Wild Goose, ect)? Also what were the original color options and tire make and model?
  12. RuttmanRacer

Ruttman Questions

Does anyone know what motors (make and hp) originally came on Ruttman bikes (as in Vulture, Spyder, Horny Toad, Wild Goose, ect)? Also what were the original color options and tire make and model?
  13. RuttmanRacer

Motor City Minis

Does anyone have an updated phone number for Motor City Minis? I tried the 734-992-3648 and it didnt work.
  14. RuttmanRacer

Getting started again

I just purchaced a Ruttman Vulture frame in need of many parts and tlc. It came with handlebars/grips, a seat, and both axels with spacers but the condition is rough. I had a very similar Ruttman growing up that introduced me to motorcycles and I loved to terrorize the neighborhood on it...