Search results

1. JoePapa

MB200 - what are front brake options?

Howdy folks - hope this is the right section. I've got the mb200 with the Predator 212cc motor and a torque converter. The little beast runs out well and I'd love to make it faster but the rear only brake option really sucks. Is there a kit yet for the mb200 I can buy and bolt and go or...
  2. JoePapa

212cc predator govoner problems

I recently had to deal with the same thing - read Motra's post in this thread: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/honda-clone-predator-engines/76105-need-help-predator-gov-carb-linkage-stuck-open.html Works like a champ now...
  3. JoePapa

Need Help with Predator Gov / Carb linkage - stuck open

Thanks for the info guys - I took the linkage off and reset it based on the info Motra provided. Creia - thanks for the info on the default throttle position, I didn't sweat it that it was about 3/4 of the way open and when I started the engine the idle dropped to a normal speed. My baja is...
  4. JoePapa

Need assistance with my predator engine

Rivera - what I meant was - if the engine was stored dry, it wouldn't have any fluids in it (no fuel and no oil). If you stored it with fuel/oil and on it's side, then that's useful info. Either way, it sounds like you've got some good advice in here. I don't know what your experience is...
  5. JoePapa

Thanks guys - I'll give it a try this afternoon.
  6. JoePapa

Need assistance with my predator engine

Fuel, air, and spark - gotta have all three. Check the spark and if you've got spark then it's a fuel delivery issue. Was it stored dry?
  7. JoePapa

Howdy. I need help with my predator. I was trying to move the gov linkage just a little to bump max RPM up just a little. Well in doing so, the linkage came off the gov arm. The gov doesn't appear to have any spring tension on it and neither does the carb throttle. However, when I connect...
  8. JoePapa

rear suspension baja doodle bug?

I'd like a conversion kit. There's one company that makes them like that but don't recall who it was.
  9. JoePapa

Barack just joined the NRA

Silly question here - has anyone noticed that those trying to restrict the rights granted by the 2nd are those surrounded by guns to keep them safe? :hammer: Why are we discussing this? The Bill also says the rights (of the 2nd) shall not be infringed - what's left to discuss? Call your...
  10. JoePapa

Craigslist find

Ya, that is unrealistic - just posted cause it was a nice build. Didn't know if it may inspire new ideas :scooter:
  11. JoePapa

14cc on modified predator

Post up your results. Adding some compression is an easy way to pick up a little. I thought about doing the same thing down the road.
  12. JoePapa

Craigslist find

Thought I'd post this on here - figured you guys would like it. Looks pretty cool. Mid-Size Trike-Chopper
  13. JoePapa

Baja with Predator – can I use lighting coil pack on Predator?

Crud, I was afraid you were gonna say that. Ok - thanks for the info.
  14. JoePapa

Ok, so regular flywheels don't fit - surely we have another solution besides a flashlight, right?
  15. JoePapa

Has anyone successfully moved the lighting circuit from one of the original baja motors over to a Predator? I’ve seen the posts about just using a battery and LED but I’d really like something a little more self sufficient. I’d appreciate some insight on this. I miss not having the headlight...
  16. JoePapa

Crankcase breather via the header?

Would a PCV valve function as a 1-way check valve? It's all metal if I'm not mistaken and that's basically what it is - question is whether or not it would move enough air for what you want. On V8 engines having crankase vaccum does make power. A friend of mine made 20 HP on the dyno by...
  17. JoePapa

Crankcase breather via the header?

In automotive applications, it's actually bad to do this for vehicles with mufflers. However, Moroso makes a one way check ball that allows air to leave and not come back in. That check ball may be a good thing to add but the issue with cars is back pressure caused by the muffler - I don't see...
  18. JoePapa

NEW Predator jetting FYI

Octane is a flame retardant and is used to prevent detonation. Your engine will fine but you’re probably losing power by running premium. You need to increase the octane rating of your fuel when you bump up compression but if your compression didn’t change, you don’t have to spend the extra...
  19. JoePapa

NEW Predator jetting FYI

Question for you. If you're talking about a stock predator with the mods being exhaust and intake, why would you want to run premium? Factory compression calls for low grade fuel.
  20. JoePapa

TAV drive on Predator - any issues?

I have the TAV2 on my Predator powered Baja. There's a few threads on it already. There's a video on Youtube (posted in one of the threads as well) that covers basically what you need to do. For the aluminum to fit on the Predator, I had to grind down the support fins to get it to clear...