Search results

1. D

manual clutch for horizontal shaft engine

I got mine today too! Thanks for the video on your wwebsite on how to put this on. I would've never gotten it right by guessing! Now I can finish my 2x2 project. :scooter: Darrel
  2. D

See my post #121. I didn't get my PM. I'm still in at $175.
  3. D

Earnie's Handmade Dwarf Cars

Stumbled across this today at lunch. Handmade Dwarf cars in Arizona... MAKE | Ernie’s Handmade Dwarf Cars
  4. D

Open Class: JPR95's Tom Thumb Taco

Stand next to it, or sit on it, and take a bow! What a great build to watch come together. Darrel
  5. D

Open Class: drbhuntnfish 2x2 hydrostatic minibaja

Almost there, but not quite done .. Hello Everyone! Well, I wasn't able to completely finish my hydraulic 2x2 bike as I had hoped. I am still hard at work on it, but I ran into a snag trying to fit an oil reservoir and a gas tank in such a small space without modifying the frame. I tried pvc...
  6. D

OldMiniBikes Build-off 2013

Well, I wasn't able to completely finish my hydraulic 2x2 bike as I had hoped. I am still hard at work on it, but I ran into a snag trying to fit an oil reservoir and a gas tank in such a small space. I tried pvc tanks, air compressor tanks, harley davidson dual tanks; but nothing fit the...
  7. D

Ashamed to admit...I can't even weld.......I mean not Yet anyway! You all are way ahead of me; I know, bc I've read all of your build logs! Humbled by the compliments, D-
  8. D

Closed loop hydrostatic pump and motor schematic with a charge loop: drb
  9. D

Thanks guys! The way it's turning out, there is a certain 'industrial' look to the bike which I find kind of appealing. Just for the sake of completeness, here's a view of the other side I took: The aluminum block that all the hoses are hooked up is basically the grand central...
  10. 20130505_172203

20130505_172203

11. 20130505_172050

20130505_172050

12. D

It's officially a roller!!!:laugh: I had a lot of help today from my new friends Bob and Michael at the local hydraulic hose and supply shop; Michael was kind enough to come in on a Saturday when the shop is normally closed and help me through fitting and installing the hydraulic hoses...
  13. 20130504_143550

20130504_143550

Manifold and hoses installed
  14. D

Where's the 'like' button :smile: If possible please make the drive sprocket so that it can be replaced with other sizes. I think you had mentioned early on that this was going to be made with a 13 tooth unit to start with. Thanks!
  15. D

Any interest in a short tail mud motor build?

I'd like to try to do this with a closed loop hydraulic system because it easily allows for both a forward and reverse, among other things. I don't have a lot of build experience with hydraulics, but I do currently have a 2x2 hydraulic bike project in the 2013 build-off which I hope to be...
  16. Pump_and_Motor_Schematic

Pump_and_Motor_Schematic

schematic of hydrostatic hydraulic circuit
  17. D

Whew! Taxes away tonight:) But a sad day for the country- several friends of mine from Austin are in Boston for the marathon. I have been gathering parts to make a final dash to the finish with my 2x2 bike - but no progress to show off. Hope you all are safe. I'll be back at the build...
  18. D

jackshaft gear ratio

I did a quick calculation - so it should be checked. The weird thing about a jackshaft is that regardless of the number of teeth, the both sprockets travel 1 revolution at the same time. So to calculate gear ratio based on number of teeth, you don't ratio the jackshaft sprockets to each other...
  19. D

Any interest in a short tail mud motor build?

I'm into it - build away! I've thought about it being a good application of a hydraulic hydrostatic system. In that case there is no drive shaft from the engine to the hydraulic motor, so you could put the engine on the floor of the boat instead of way up high on a swivel mount. Good luck...