Search results

1. R

3.5 Tecumseh Exhaust Info Wanted

Can I just run a threaded "pipe" out the rear of my engine so I won't burn my leg any more? or is a flange necessary to hook the exhaust up-here are some pics - I don't need anything fancy- and I am looking for something local maybe- Thanks for any info or ideas
  2. R

Is My Clutch Still Good?-

Here is a pic of my clutch- it looks good but I have no idea what to look for- the springs still have good tension and it just appears "dry" to me- any ideas?
  3. R

is it supposed to be like this?

When the 3.5 tecumseh engine is running- well the chain is moving- I had the mini bike on a stand and at idle the rear tire was spinning- AND- i could hear like a bell sound (like a ringing)coming from the front sprocket area- when I took the chain off- the ringing sound stopped- I could not (...
  4. R

Chain Removal from my Nova Help needed

I got my Nova stared- now - how to remove the chain- Can I just remove the chain guard- drop the rear tire and the remove the chain from the front and rar sprockets? what about chain tension? OR can I oil the chain in place by hand? thanks in advance-
  5. R

ready to test run

BUT this has not run since 1971- and I cleaned and put the carb back together and cleaned out everything- is there anything (other than gas) I need to do or check first- Then My questions are 1. what is the setting for this (first pic) 2. What is the setting for this (2nd pic) 3. I cant read...
  6. R

Fuel Tank Replacement

I have a metal tank that may not be saved- has a bunch of pinholes I may be able to solder them but maybe a replacement is in order? any ideas? The engine is a 3.5 HP about 1968 vintage here is my NOVA http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af28/newtvic/nova%20Re%20Launch/P1020451.jpg Here...
  7. R

My Nova

I got this bike I believe back in 1968- seems like a long time ago- Some happy memories and some sad memories- but believe it or not i have had this bike ever since- It was always my idea to get this bad boy back on the street - Well that day has come- It is a 1968 Nova Panther and has a 3.5...