Search results

1. D

Tractor project: Best 3600rpm torque cam?

I like bigrobs idea unless your absolutely sure you only need a little more torque... Is it possible to fab in a tav2 ? They have a cam listed for wenching, wakeboarding, supposed to be awesome low end..
  2. D

Flywheel / Timing Key

I thought the clones were 28 degrees... If I come across the actual info I'll post it...
  3. D

Flywheel / Timing Key

Ok I made a mistake again..I oiled my air filter too much.. Took it out today and ran great..
  4. D

Flywheel / Timing Key

Yes .. I made sure this time .. I'll throw the 6 degree key in and see if it smooths out
  5. D

Power Q's

I have the mb200. And I was hoping tav2 would help pick up some slack
  6. D

Flywheel / Timing Key

So after adjusting flywheel again I dont see any real gain.. It's also more sketchy idle and stumbles slightly before it picks up..
  7. D

Power Q's

Sorry forgot to add those specs.. Wheel size = 19 Front sprocket = 10 teeth Rear sprocket = 50 teeth Maybe a 42 tooth ??
  8. D

Flywheel / Timing Key

Ok thanks .. I didn't do that maybe that will help
  9. D

Flywheel / Timing Key

When installing a new timing key do you want to try and advance the flywheel over as much as possible or is the idea that this will move itself back and forth when spinning up and down ? And to quadruple check its 54lbs. for stock flywheel on a clone engine ..correct ?
  10. D

re-jetted carb tuning

does it idle with choke open or does it have to be half way to idle ? What happens when you close the choke all the way ? Does it die immediately, bogg down, keep running ??? Cold starts - do you choke it all the way to get running ?
  11. D

Bang for your buck

Im having same issue.. wondering if new cam will help or if I should just save for a v-twin :D
  12. D

Power Q's

Tested out some real world scenarios and Im stuck in deciding my next move .. Off Road - Great torque and fun to ride. Never reached top speed nor don't plan to. On Flat Ground - Torque is to much on take off and top speed lacks IMO. If you punch it, it will flip you off and do a back...
  13. D

Preadtor 212 dies when throttled up

How'd it run before your add on's ? Does choke have any effect ? I just did upgrades and I'm down to 140 emulsion and 34 jet. Although 36,37 ran ok and didn't die. do you get any backfire? Spray starter fluid in carb ?
  14. D

new parts = no start

Man this thing runs great .. Can't wait till I dial in proper jet combo .. Still learning about cold vs. Hot and what choke does during each etc..
  15. D

new parts = no start

Ok seems valve lash was culprit. Way to tight and wasn't allowing valves closed. Backed it off to stock IN: .006 EX: .008 Fired right up. Next thing is to figure out lean / richness
  16. D

new parts = no start

The cam did come out. I was very careful to line up cam upon reinstall.
  17. D

new parts = no start

Removed governor 18lb. Springs Air Filter Exhaust 1" Timing key 6 degree Emulsion tube 140 + 37 jet No start choked/non-choked.... Occasional blue flame out exhaust n carb.. Swapped back stock emulsion & jet got more blue flames out of carb n exhaust.. I may have failed on setting...
  18. D

Springs: Hemi vs. non-hemi

sorry this is actually a Honda Clone. Forget the predator stuff :D
  19. D

Springs: Hemi vs. non-hemi

How do I tell what springs I have ? Measurements? if I order 22lb springs can I use stock everything else? all I've done so far is air,exhaust, re-jet, timing key. if other parts are needed will 18lb allow stock parts ? I have a non-hemi with some hemi internals so determining...
  20. D

Engine ID Questions and Upgrades

Here are some pics of cam. I rubbed a pencil across the top lightly to help show the numbers better. In case they are un-readable they are 168-2 -------------- 023 67685888 ------ CHINESE ??? .