Search results

1. F

Bought weird mini for $50 and the previous owner was a grade school engineer.

I totally appreciate your input, please don't think it was lost on me at all. Sorry if I've come across as reactionary.
  2. F

I totally understand where you're coming from, and yes I do know people like this guy. I'm willing to admit I may have jumped to conclusions about his manner or personality, but surely you can see where I'm coming from. Also, as you're probably aware 90% or more of the tone of a persons...
  3. F

There was a guy named Havasu Dave who was fairly condescending and rude about my post. I set him to ignore, so I'm not sure if that hides his messages or not. There was a lot of talking down and "Gatekeeping" as they call it. I have little to no experience with these bikes or engines so I...
  4. F

Yeah, you're a piece of work, man. You didn't have to lead with all the outright hostility at all, you went out of your way to be a complete prick. You'd be a shitty teacher that's for sure. Anyway, like I said, I appreciate you answering my questions, but for real man, there's zero need to...
  5. F

Thanks for simultaneously answering an ignorant person's questions and talking down to them at the same time. That's quite a feat you've pulled off there. Somehow everyone else in this thread managed to be civil and helpful, so I'm not sure what I did to offend you, but clearly it was worth an...
  6. F

I'm not sure what you mean. Would you wash your hands of this bike? The problems are totally minor compared to how bad it could be.
  7. F

So far the issues are as follows: 1. Axles are janky and non-existent, so I need to get some. 2. No rear brakes, but the front work just fine. 3. The seat is not pleasing, but I will be covering it in leather anyway, so it doesn't matter that much anyway. 4. Extreme splitting and dry rot...
  8. F

I have no calipers, so I can't measure the parts just yet. I'm hoping that Columbus Fasteners has something that will work for me. I don't need it to be beautiful, I just need it to be sturdy. Luckily the engine starts up with zero issues even though the throttle is a bit weird and janky. All...
  9. F

So I recently purchased a mini bike with the intent of making it look somewhat post-apocalyptic. Unbeknownst to me at the time of purchase the previous owner had done some "clever" modifications to the thing. First on the list of weird ideas was ditching the normally fat tires and rims in...
  10. F

WANTED: Beat up but functional Mini of any make. $200ish

I was set to pick up my first mini this weekend, but the guy sold it to a friend instead. I don't have a lot of money, so sniping craigslist has been my only recourse aside from the occasional Facebook Marketplace posting. No luck their either. I was set to pick up a Baja Racer with a busted...
  11. F

New to the forum and the hobby.

Holy crap! YES! What is it called and where do I find one?
  12. F

Baja Racer (DB30S I think) max tire size

I have seen your post where you picked up yet another one. I'm getting pretty excited to go pick this thing up. I'm going to be going to a Mad Max themed vintage scooter rally in a few weeks and while this isn't a vintage scooter by a long shot it will look a lot closer to a Mad Max/post...
  13. F

Baja Racer (DB30S I think) max tire size

I'm about to go pick up my first mini which I'm getting in trade for an old Honda pit bike engine. It's a lime green Baja Racer with a 3hp engine in it. I'm going to toss a Predator 212 in there at some point as I doubt very much the stock engine will move me with any speed whatsoever. I'm...
  14. F

This is absolutely what I want to do with whatever I end up getting albeit far less clean and much more haggard looking. I need an apocalyptic vehicle in my life.
  15. F

Sixpac440, Thanks for the welcome! I had a look in there, but I think I'm not particularly interested in restoring vintage so much as I am looking for a cheap point of entry into the hobby. Some of these vintage minis have price points similar to vintage Hondas or bikes I've worked on in the...
  16. F

Hi everyone, My name is Dylan, but I guess I'll be known as Fantasmoslam on here. For the sake of brevity you can call me Fanta or Fantasmo, or Dylan, or whatever. Anyway, I'm not entirely new to the idea of tiny wheeled vehicles, but I have never owned or ridden a proper mini-bike. I've...