Search results

1. Triley41395

Lil indian brake caliper question

Wondering if the front and rear brake calipers from a 7000 series bike are the same and if they would be the same as a rear caliper on the same year model 500. I don't have them in front of me to compare(don't have any)but figured they used the same parts on both bikes. Looking at buying a front...
  2. Triley41395

BC 1100 plus

Here is another one I'm messing with trying to gather some parts for. Picked this one up in Indiana awhile ago. After I got it home I realized that the handlebars had been cut off to use a smaller throttle. They had butt welded a piece of what looked like shower curtain rod to the end. Very thin...
  3. Triley41395

Bendix 5" parts/shoes,cam ect.

Looking for some parts for 5 inch bendix brakes. I have the back plate but need the other pieces. If you have shoes that can be relined that's fine I'll do that. Also need the cam, spacers and springs. 1st picture is what I have 2nd and 3rd is what I'm looking for(except the plate) Thanks Lee
  4. Triley41395

Gilson wheel repair

So I got a set of Gilson wheels from a member( VeritableFox) Thank you once again. The previous owner had ground out the center or ran the bike with a bad bearing for a long time. Not exactly sure how it ended up this way. I put the wheel on a prototrack(Bridgeport) and levels the mating...
  5. Triley41395

Trailhorse resto....mod

Here is another one I'm dabbling with a bit. It may or may not get done this year. Don't have much yet. I bought this one thinking it was bonanza because it was one of 2 frames for sale together and turned out only 1 was a bonanza. Both frame and forks are in pretty good shape. A little chain...
  6. Triley41395

Sears Trail Tamer(Roper)

So this is the start of a rebuild/restoration of a Roper I picked up. When I first seen it in the basement of my brother I tried to convince him to just clean it up and leave it as is but he wanted to repaint it and do new decals. After he tore it down and had it sand blasted he decided to sell...
  7. Triley41395

How to measure drum brake size.

Just wondering how drum brakes are measured. I was going to order brakes for a sprocket/drum I have but not sure of the size. I can get 4 1/2 inch brakes but no 5 inch are available that I can find. It not quite 5 inch ID so was thinking 4 1/2 might be the correct one.
  8. Triley41395

What did you buy in 2023

As another year comes to a close.. Just curious what everyone "invested" there money in this year. What bikes did you pickup, engines, equipment whatever. The wife was happy I didn't,as she says, waste much this year. You don't have to say how much you "WASTED" if you don't want. I picked up a...
  9. Triley41395

If you could make any vintage mini frame, what would it be?

Got a friend who just bought a new bender and is thinking about doing a mini frame and selling them. He has a full shop with cnc plasma cutter, metal brakes, other benders ect. What bike would you like to see re-poped? We talked about it yesterday and I said I'd ask around. He already does...
  10. Triley41395

Lil indian #39201

So I bought this frame knowing it would need some work,but it was cheap. It didn't have a motor plate, or bracket for the seat. The seat that was on it was screwed through the frame with 6 drywall screws, 3 on each side. I got a motor plate welded and seat bracket welded on and fixed the holes...
  11. Triley41395

Slinging one together for the holiday

Picked up a Gemini a couple years back and my son wants a bigger bike, his DB30 is still running fine but he wants a bigger one. I have rode this bike once with an H35 I robbed from my rupp and it seems to ride good. It's been sitting in the barn on a milk crate and we are going to try to get it...
  12. Triley41395

What can banned(turds) scammers do?

So this turd is still lurking around even though it shows the profile is unavailable. Shows him logged in this morning. Can said turd still PM other new members trying to scam them. Unsure why this turd can still show as active. @Hent
  13. Triley41395

Help with an ID

Trying to I'd the one on the right. I think it might be some kind of arco but not sure. He has it with his Fox bikes but I don't think its a fox.
  14. Triley41395

Are all clone mufflers the same?

I bought a lot of parts that were pulled off clone engines and got about 50 mufflers and wanted to know if there is any difference in brands. Is a colman 196 muffler the same as a predator, tillotson,ect. Are they all interchangeable?
  15. Triley41395

Fox Thunderbolt?

Looks like maybe a Fox Thunderbolt. Has a 14 inch rear and 16 inch front rim. What do you think Fox?
  16. Triley41395

Manco Screamer

This is going to be a very basic restoration. I'll change the bearings and some bolts but the only real change will be the color add a seat and maybe the engine.
  17. Triley41395

Cart wheels, anyone know what they came off of.

These are 8 inch go-cart wheels but the owner doesn't know what they are from. Any ideas on brand and age. Thanks.
  18. Triley41395

Disassembling Sebac shocks

Thought I'd share a little vice fixture I made to disassemble sebacs without much effort and without damaging them.
  19. Triley41395

Manco Screamer

Picked this up last weekend. I'm fairly certain it's a Manco and not one they made for sears because it's marked Manco and the Sears models I've seen were marked Sears. Fairly complete minus seat,kickstand and TC cover. Not sure if it is the original engine but I think it is. Engine is dated...
  20. Triley41395

Manco Screamer/Sears Orange Flash seat,kickstand

Looking for a seat and kickstand for a Manco Screamer. The Sears Orange flash/Puddle jumper is the same bike so they would work also.