gc160

1. jdblood202

Honda GC160 header

Before I buy the exhaust parts and have someone weld it up for me, does anyone on here have a Honda GC160 header they built and don't use anymore? Or would someone on these forums like to fab one up for me? I don't weld and I'd rather pay a fellow mini bike enthusiast to help me out rather than...
  2. E

Honda gc160 help

Okay so my honda gc160 is losing power as i ride it (each ride) and is geared 6:1 and goes about 20mph but i would like to get a little more acceleration and top speed out of it. Is there a way i can adjust the governor safely? How safe is it go push more rpms out? Thanks, Isaac
  3. E

GC160 hard to pull

Okay, so i bought a gc160 for $100 runs great and fits my db30 perfect but is hard to pull. I changed oil, plug and it pulls normal until it hits a certain point (obviously at the top of the compression stroke) and if you dont time it right and pull with this in the middle of your pull it will...
  4. S

WTB GC160 Fuel tank

looking for a stock GC160/190 Fuel tank with the lower mounting stud. Let me know what you have. Thanks!
  5. S

GC160 Header pipe

Well, doing my first real engine mods. I really like this engein, even though its unsupported. Started fabbing up my header recently. heres what i got. started with a couple these i bought from work, i manage an Oreilly auto parts. We sell them under the Primeline name. each one comes...
  6. Rapidrob

Honda GC160 throttle conversion help

I'm converting a Honda GC160 engine from constant speed to "hand throttle" I'm using the Honda part 16500-ZL0800 plate. I think I have it on the engine correctly. If I do,the hand lever would need a rod to go across the engine to the governor / carburetor throttle lever.( the really long lever...
  7. First minibike build azusa

First minibike build azusa

5 inch wheel with stock honda gc160 engine. 12/60 gear
  8. First minibike build azusa

5 inch wheel with stock honda gc160 engine. 12/60 gear
  9. First minibike build azusa

Paint strip and primet
  10. First minibike build azusa

Someone got too excited with black paint
  11. doctavee

3 engines 4 sale. 2hp b&s 10hp Honda G400 5hp GC160

i have 2 engines for sale: 2 HP Briggs and stratton needs a plug and fresh gas 60 shipped 5 HP GC160 Honda runs mint and looks nice! 120 shipped the g400 sold
  12. LSCustoms

Honda GC160 (in SoCal)

Have a Honda GC160 for sale. great compression, needs carb cleaned or replaced... on one of my project bikes, about time to start working on that project, need to clear the space. $60 obo picked up, or $60 plus shipping, etc. has a clutch on it (max torque 12 tooth) and havent messed with any...
  13. charliechaindrve

GC160 crankshaft replacement

I recently bought a used powerwasher for 50$, with a honda gc160 engine on it, starts first pull, but the water pump is busted. I had thought that the engine would make a terrific mini bike motor,but Unfortunatly, the crankshaft is way to short for mounting a clutch on. its only about an inch...
  14. S

GC160 jackshaft?

looking at the PMR jackshaft kit for my GC160. has anyone used on on it or is it only for the bikes shown on thier page? Althought it does say great for other kart and bike projects....
  15. roccosbike

Trade GC160 for 1970 5HP Briggs

View image in gallery View image in gallery I will trade this engine for yours, I dont want junk engines that burn oil.It needs to run and look decent.I want it for my 1970 Taco T100.
  16. C

Honda GC160 easy start leak link

I used to really like Honda GC160, thought it was the ultimate minibike engine. They are readily available used, but pricey because they make great small work engines for generators, pressure washers, tillers, etc. I bought one used for $125 and thought it was a good deal. Not long ago I...
  17. roccosbike

Honda GC160

5 HP over head cam motor View image in gallery View image in gallery $100 plus shipping.
  18. R

gc160 manual throttle control

Got a gc190 fixed throttle engine - thinking the manual throttle control from a gc160 will work. Not sure what all this part entails but if you have a junk gc160 with the manual throttle setup, I want to talk to you.
  19. Rapidrob

Exhaust question on GC160 engines

Honda make a vertical cylinder OHC engines such as the GC160 5 HP, 5.2 HP and 6 HP. These engines exhaust out of the right hand side of the engine. If used on a mini bike, the exhaust is blowing forward towards the handle bars. Is/are there aftermarket exhaust pipes that redirect the exhaust to...
  20. T

Honda GC160 into '81 Suzuki RM80 chassis

This project came together somewhat by chance, as the result of my finding the main parts over a period of about 8 years. Back in 2004 I was in the Marines, stationed at MCAS Cherry Point, NC. I had a storage unit out in town and I was in the habit of digging through the dumpster for goodies...