1969 rupp kickstand mounting

Would anyone have a nice close up picture of the 1969 rupp kickstand in it's mounted position? Would be greatly appreciated. Underside of frame specifically. Regards, Joe

markus

no close ups on the bike but in 1969 they did away with the U bracket an added a tab to the right side of the hinge/mount and the left side rested on the left framerail, mounted to the front engine plate

On the right is an original 1969 roadster kickstand I rebuilt for someone awhile back:

I just made one recently from the measurements/tracings I took off it...but I ran the weld for the tab I fabricated on the wrong side :doah: Not really big deal as its not seen but I'll feel better cutting it off and doing it again :laugh:

Hello Mark,
Received the stand yesterday. Nice Work! Thank you. Just for a sanity check, the welded tab does not go into the second engine plate slot correct?
Happy 4th!
Joe

markus

Hello Mark,
Received the stand yesterday. Nice Work! Thank you. Just for a sanity check, the welded tab does not go into the second engine plate slot correct?
Happy 4th!
Joe
correct, its intended to sit up against the bottom of the plate. it is close to the 2nd slot though, if you butt the tab up against the front lip of the rail it wont go into the slot and you can tweak the tab if needed by clamping it in a vice and tapping on the other side of the foot/hinge if needed.

View attachment 74876 View attachment 74877

Markus, is that what I need for the Stellar? (1" frame) I couldn't picture it earlier in this thread, but that photo showing the underneath looks like a direct replacement.

If it is, please put me down for one and let me know how much and when. Way better than the two I fabricated.