1970 Taco T100 Mini bike. Runs at the moment

1970 Taco T100 Mini bike.SOLD!!!!!!!

I am selling this bike.. I don't need it. I don't want it. I have too many projects and not enough time. I start College again in November and I have $50,000 in tuition coming up. So who am I kidding? I'll never get to it..

Bike is located NORCAL Stockton CA..

First of all let me get this off my chest.. YES I know it ain't original 100% down to the Taco showroom smell of 1970's farts, cigarettes, and leaded gas. EVERYBODY has their own opinions of what came out of the Taco showroom as original anyways, I'm not saying any are wrong, I'm just saying there are a lot of different opinions I guess..

So If you are here to tell me how not 100% cherry it is, and not original it is, I already know. If you came to tell me how overpriced it is, that is why there is an OBO next to the alleged overpriced price..

So here is the bike.. It is a 1970 Taco T100 stamped 70H913, Whomever had it prior to me painted it black. It has SOLID forks , they are Taco forks, but someone made them solid and did a great job. They are tru as an arrow. Original? No.. Oh well..

Like ALL taco's that have been used the footpegs broke off at some point. Someone did a fabulous job of welding new ones on that look like factory welds, NOW on the Right hand side he made a unscrewable footpeg and then he made a footbrake system that slides on before the footpeg. (looks like 2 footpegs but one is the footbrake). so NO, It does not have a handbrake handle or cable.

As for the frame nothing extra has been added or hacked or otherwise, just different footpegs welded in the same location. It even has the original kickstand bracket intact.

The wheels: The front obviously looks like a shiny new replacement that has a Blocky new tire installed which makes for the handling of a unicycle. The rear which is 100% original with the 14x5.5x6 carlisle tire someone decided to spray it gray and did a lousy job overspraying on the tire. I could have used some acetone and cleaned it up for the pictures, but I have several cuts on my finger and ,well, you know how acetone in a cut feels... It still has the factory drum brake and factory taco sprocket it came with. The brakes suck .. May need new shoes..

The jackshaft is great and works fine, although a bit of surface rust, it is all there, it is however on a 1:1 basis.

The seat is great and looks great and feels great. Is it original , hell no.. But it is better to sit on than a rotted out seat and fits fully flush with all the frame rails.

The engine : The engine in it is a Old Briggs 5HP industrial commercial that runs great, the clutch looks to be a NORAM unit that is wore and catches. The minibike is still drivable, but it's not as smooth as it should be with clutch grab. I however DO have what the guy said was the original engine. It is a 5HP briggs with id #'s 130202 00015-01 7010137 it is 100% complete and has spark and compression, but the tank is gunky with old gas.

The TACO cover is original and not dented , road rashed, bent, or cracked..

The rear shocks work FABULOUS and are original.. . I can not bottom them out with my 220Lb large frame by bouncing on them

SO To make it original If you wanted you would need to: Buy a handbrake and cable, get some new front forks, buy a carlisle tire for the front, Cut off the nicely done footpegs and weld back on the round ones, get the correct seat made, get a/make a kickstand and paint the damn thing...

The price.. I AM ASKING $450 obo (That means OBO). With either engine that is.. If you want the 70' Briggs it is $450 OBO.. If you want it with the running Briggs I/C its $450 OBO.. I'll take the Briggs I/C out.. It does NOT come with both ,but that too can be worked out.

*I don''t care if you bought one one day for $100 back in the fields of Idaho last month, mine is not $100.
*I don't care if it is not original and you think it is worth $20.
*I don't care if you tell me "well it will take $1000 just to restore it" We all know it won't, sure it will if you hire somebody to do it, but we all know most people here are handy and fabricators and just using that sob story to lowball.
*I dont care if you just need it for parts so it's not worth $450 OBO to you because you need the left handgrip.

Can I make more parting it out? Probably so, but I'm a medical student and need to save my fine instruments of god/evolved apes(or whatever theory of evolution you believe in) to help better people whom are in need of medical care. If I were to crush my finger with a Taco frame I would be out a lot of money in student loans.

Sorry to sound like such a A-HOLE, but you know how it is.. I'm just cutting to the chase. The price is OBO.. PM me for a number to chat on the phone or feel free to ask me anything..

Last edited: