1970s HS40 Side fill tank, brackets, pull start assembly WTB

Looking for a side fill tank for an HS40 (for an ST100 project)... in good condition, would prefer metal, but if all else fails, plastic would be fine till i can find a metal one... motor should be silver when finished... current motor has a plastic center fill tank in great condition (new)... it is a newer style motor, which i would like to convert to older style look, for a 1970s mini bike... if i can get the brackets with it, that would be a bonus, in case i need them...

second to the tank, i would like a pull start assembly (if the cup is needed, that also)...

thanks...

located in SOCAL... I may need more, throttle assembly, etc. but not sure at this time, have never played with one of these motors...

markus

you'll be stuck with that style shroud due to the electronic ignition. While I dont know if its possible, you could maybe pop the rivets on the magnet and take one spacer out and also reduce the length of the spacer for the coil and run the next earlier gen shroud with the 4 bolt recoil, but thats it. The 1970's stuff would only adapt if you changed crankshaft, flywheel (drilled the lugs and installed the internal points ignition), backing plate, shroud, starter cup, etc...

Fuel tank could be changed to earlier style easy enought though, just need the earlier tank, and upper and lower brackets.

Gerald, I told you Markus would be all over what was required! :thumbsup:

Interesting concept, removing the magnet and ignition spacers to fit an earlier shroud. I'd really look at that.

CarPlayLB

I think Gerald just wants the shroud that has the old style pull start. His is the late model one

G, I have a pull starter you can have...let me know if you have not found one!

Dan-E-boy

Eric, the old style won't fit without alot of fab work like markus described. I've looked into this myself and was discouraged.Lol.

vwfan79

I don't think the tank is what your looking for but your welcome to it. Here is the shroud I have and your also welcome to that. Let me know if you can use either of these.

I don't think the tank is what your looking for but your welcome to it. Here is the shroud I have and your also welcome to that. Let me know if you can use either of these.
Thanks very much bro, I think Eric has me covered on the pull start... just need to find the side fill tank...