1972 muskin tri cat

mybiz

I probably have a driver I think its a salsbury asymmetrical for 3/4 shaft. I bought a pile of parts awhile back and never looked it over. I might have a extra comet driver also I'll have to go out to my farm and look all i know its all packed in boxes let me know if your interrested in it to. And you are needing a 3/4 asymmetrical right? here is a pic of what i think is a salsbury driver.:blink:
Now looking at the driver its a symmetrical.

Thanks guys! This trike measures 51'' from the axle centers. Is it smaller then most? I don't know. I thought the 96ers would be plenty so that's what I ordered.

Biz I need the series 20 commit symmetrical. If I half to mix and match the 2 I will if need be, otherwise I would like to stick with Commit.

If I do happen to luck out and find an 8hp Tecumseh is the crank going to be 3/4, or 1''?

Wheel is ordered from BMI, The NOS goodyear I found on fleabay, and got it.

Body is at the glass shop getting the cracks repaired. The seat cover is down the street at the upholstery shop!

so does that mean i get to ride it to?:biggrin:
Hell yeah:punk: This trike would have sat up stairs with the other 20 or so mini's collecting collecting dust had it not been for you all. You GUYS were the inspiration I needed to tackle this brute!

Last edited:

mybiz

Comet TC's

Trade? All I got is 2 wooden nickels and a rented mule:thefinger:. I'm sure you would rather me just rob the wife's purse. Figure out a price and I will paypal it to ya.

How hard is it going to be to find a used commit TQ thingy for the motor, in the range of 10-13hp. As the other half is still on the jack shaft.

Hmmm. my 2spds are the same length as this old ratty whore out jack shaft.
would the big tires and increased TQ of a larger motor kill it?

Gumpit, what length cables should I shoot for?

As far as the motor goes, if I can not find a Tecumseh in the 9-12 hp range I will concider your offers gents.
Did you got my pm on parts? If the only part of the TC that is stuck on the motor. Is this piece.

And if the rest of the driver is still good I have this extra comet part. Is this all you distroyed??

Thanks Restore.

Biz, I don't have, or have never had any part of the driver side. I am guilty of destroying a WHEEL on the driver side......

The driven (7'' symmetrical) is still attached to the jack shaft and is original to the trike

Commit 20 series symmetrical w/1'' bore is what I'm chasing.

Call me with the other stuff! Remember, all I got is 1 finger

Last edited:

mybiz

Depends how bad you want it.:drool: $200 is not a bad deal and if it is TC driven better yet. Would like to see better pic's.. :thumbsup:

rare gocart
im not sure if it starts, i started it about a year ago
5.5 hp
516 297 3419

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

OK KRIS, I must be slow but I thought Lawrence KS. So I called the guy and said to Him, I would be there in 45 mins and he said " where are you coming from?" I said Belton, MO and he said well, you ain't getting here in 45 mins............... At this point I am so confused and I said " why in the hell not??" Then he said I'm in NY!!! Then I said WTF??? There's a Lawrence in NY???? LOL, thats all kinds of messed up. I thought that was funny as hell but then again, maybe not......................:hammer:

LOL, I appreciate the offer, but it will cost more then it's worth. I just get to excited sometimes as most on here already know......Thanks again..................

Drew, Do you still have the original seat cover? What condition are your Tri cat decals on the body in?

POST PICS PLEASE :laugh::laugh: