1972 Z50 still in crate

Ok, so let's be Judge Judy here.

IT IS a 1972 model, doesn't say it was made in 1972.
Sitting in the cellar 40 years or so??? so maybe 10?
Say's "still in crate" yes it is.
I can still buy a 1966 model AC Cobra kit in a crate but it's not original.

Last edited:
Someone should ask the seller some specific questions and see what he says. Like VIN number (none listed) for one. That will tell the true story. :shrug:

Someone should ask the seller some specific questions and see what he says. Like VIN number (none listed) for one. That will tell the true story. :shrug:
I did ask some specific questions he was verry vague on one and didnt answer the others, might have to ask his farther...:crying: its not a 1972 Model YEAR and he knows it, it is a Honda anniversary bike Model 1972 Z50A-K3.

MikeBear

History of Bar Code

could be legit according to the above
Did you see this in the link above?:

In June of 1974, the first U.P.C. scanner was installed at a Marsh's supermarket in Troy, Ohio. The first product to have a bar code included was a packet of Wrigley's Gum.
Wrigley's Gum, NOT Honda mini-cycle! lol

I think the bike is probably a ringer, however you'd be going some to PROVE to Ebay that the auction lister is deliberately trying to cheat, versus just being uninformed and really believing what he's put in the auction.

So when were they made?
I know they had a 30th and 40th the 30th annivesary chrome ones bring big bucks Im not sure if they did a 35th or 45th?? there is a 2012 50th but has to have current engine standards so a bit funny looking to me. I would say that bike is the 40th 10 years old what year did Bridgestone Trail Wing tires come out thats what is on it, about the only info I could get out of him. This is the 50th bike here I really do not care for it with the new engine.

2012 50th Anniversary Honda Z 50 Monkey & Monkey Limited photo compilation - YouTube

Did you see this in the link above?:

Wrigley's Gum, NOT Honda mini-cycle! lol

I think the bike is probably a ringer, however you'd be going some to PROVE to Ebay that the auction lister is deliberately trying to cheat, versus just being uninformed and really believing what he's put in the auction.
I thought we already covered the fact that we didnt know if Japan folks used it before us. and yes, I read the link, I posted it.:doah:

I asked him for a picture of the crate info and this is his response:

Hi, I don't have the bike at my home. This is at my mothers address which is about an hours drive too. Thanks..

- bcgot

I worked for Honda for many years and the Z50 did not come packed as the one on ebay is packed. Whatever it is it looks good but is more than questionable..

AND

It is not far from me here in MA and a local friend asked the guy if he could come check it out and the guy made excuse after excuse then stopped emailing. So draw your own conclusion..

MikeBear

I thought we already covered the fact that we didnt know if Japan folks used it before us. and yes, I read the link, I posted it.:doah:
I meant the fact it said the first one was used in 1974, and the bike is claimed to be supposedly a 1972 which predates that by 2 years (if crated then as he claims). Also that the first one in 1974 was gum...

I meant the fact it said the first one was used in 1974, and the bike is claimed to be supposedly a 1972 which predates that by 2 years (if crated then as he claims). Also that the first one in 1974 was gum...
dude, again, I know what you meant. sigh...nevermind, you missed it entirely

I have to say, when I seen it I thought no way then I saw the the crate "OH BOY! IT'S BRAND NEW!" 3/4 inch plywood and for the outside no discoloration notice real close at the rollers underneath the frame brand new silver rollers with no rusting and it came out of a cellar?? Wow that was one hot cellar. What a fake

I wonder if it comes with an original bill of sale that was notorized back then when they notorized them. We have a 1972 Honda QA50 that was won in 1972 with all the original paperwork. This was a great estate sale find.