1972 Z50 still in crate

Am I the only one that does not feel a bit of sorrow for the eBay bidders that invest that kind of money without researching???
yes!

but really, it's worth 2600$ as a repop!

maybe up to 4K?

There are still a whole bunch of people in the world that have trust in their fellow man, and that's a great quality in people. Sad when you see other try to take advantage of that!

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

I hate to see this stuff on eBay...remember when we could trust people? I sent an eBay notification on this item in hopes that someone does not get hurt...anyone else care to join me?
I do realize this is not my fight, but I hate to see people get duped outta their hard earned cash!

Whats the old saying? IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ITS PROBABLY NOT? I belive it to be a restored bike that was done like this for a fool with alot of money! they say that they are easily seperated? i dont think honda was wrapping the fenders and using bubble wrap on certail parts of the bike? who ever gets it will not be happy when anyone who is a honda geek tells him he paid way too much for a fake! i am also thinking the seller bought it thinking it was original, but is trying to sell when he found out it was not real?

Someone should ask the seller some specific questions and see what he says. Like VIN number (none listed) for one. That will tell the true story. :shrug:
My original question:

Dear bcgot,

What is the vehicle identification number for this machine? Thanks.

- ric03014

From Seller:

Hi, This bike is not with me. The bike is at my mothers address which is about an hours drive for me to check more details out. Thanks.

- bcgot

Last edited:
I hate to see this stuff on eBay...remember when we could trust people? I sent an eBay notification on this item in hopes that someone does not get hurt...anyone else care to join me?
I do realize this is not my fight, but I hate to see people get duped outta their hard earned cash!
Ive been trying to find out how to do this? What steps do I take?

Whats the old saying? IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ITS PROBABLY NOT? I belive it to be a restored bike that was done like this for a fool with alot of money! they say that they are easily seperated? i dont think honda was wrapping the fenders and using bubble wrap on certail parts of the bike? who ever gets it will not be happy when anyone who is a honda geek tells him he paid way too much for a fake! i am also thinking the seller bought it thinking it was original, but is trying to sell when he found out it was not real?
Ok, here is the serial no. Z50A-1017972 / Engine no.Z50AE-379162

Mine match on my bikes :shrug: oops...

there was a couple guys in the late 90's call Honda Heaven, they were building bikes out of nos parts and selling them as new. i belive this to be one of those, because they would sell them in a crate just like this. also there is no decal on the side cover, honda never shipped the bikes with the wheels on them or the stickers on the tires.

Ok, here is the serial no. Z50A-1017972 / Engine no.Z50AE-379162

Mine match on my bikes :shrug: oops...
So you're saying he sent you the numbers and they are correct????
We need to be a little more clear if we have 60 posts saying he's wrong and we're flagging his sale?

Last edited:
So you're saying he sent you the numbers and they are correct????
We need to be a little more clear if we have 60 posts saying he's wrong and we're flagging his sale?
The bike is a restored 1972 with the wrong engine, the engine in the bike is a 1970-71 I would say it is a 1970, 1970 to 71 engine numbers start at SNZ50AE-270236 AND END ON Z50AE-999,999

1972 engine numbers and frame numbers are the first year for 7 digit vin.

1972 engine numbers are Z50AE-1000001 AND END ON Z50AE-2999999

Give the guy a little credit, at least he swept the saw dust up before he took the photos! LOL
:laugh:

With him giving me the numbers makes it real clear what it is... they do not lie.. Its too bad the bike is a nice bike and would bring good money sold as what it really is, but the way he is listing it probably will not end good for the purchaser or the seller..

:laugh:

With him giving me the numbers makes it real clear what it is... they do not lie.. Its too bad the bike is a nice bike and would bring good money sold as what it really is, but the way he is listing it probably will not end good for the purchaser or the seller..
Well, point it out to him and see what he says or does?
Let's assume he doesn't know better?
Maybe it was his father's and he really is clueless?

Here is his response to me...atleast he didn't call me Larry this time.

"I think by now your head is all screwed up. I know for sure that is the original 49.cc motor that came with this bike. Straight from factory to the dealership where my farther bought it. Has bill of sale from dealership, dealer No. 162-1. Purchase date 4/22/72 an sold for $334.95 As far as why numbers are not matching from engine to frame, who knows why ?. Honda could of changed blocks at a point in time at trying to save cost. So keep talking to own it.."

- bcgot

Here is his response to me...atleast he didn't call me Larry this time.

"I think by now your head is all screwed up. I know for sure that is the original 49.cc motor that came with this bike. Straight from factory to the dealership where my farther bought it. Has bill of sale from dealership, dealer No. 162-1. Purchase date 4/22/72 an sold for $334.95 As far as why numbers are not matching from engine to frame, who knows why ?. Honda could of changed blocks at a point in time at trying to save cost. So keep talking to own it.."

- bcgot
Can the kid be that big of a idiot? its starting to get entertaining..

I found this on line the engine came out of a 1970 without a doubt

http://honda50.com/vindecoder/modelvindecoder.html

its a parts bike restored made to look like a new bike, but the crate is wrong the fact that its all wrapped up like its new? honda never shipped them like that and they never had the stickers on the tires!

The take decals he bought look just like the ones on that bike :shrug:
No the NOS 1972 tank decals are not on that bike, that bike is new :001_rolleyes:

Its time to move on from this one... I hope some of the bidders just look and if not well I guess they get what they bid on..

MikeBear

You guys are fooling yourself if you think Ebay will pull the auction for that reason. They want their cut of the action. Now if HONDA themselves asked Ebay to pull the auction, it would be done immediately.

I used to flag auctions where this one guy is selling TOY plastic slot machines as full size ANTIQUES, and he is getting big bucks for them. He takes a perspective photo that makes them look full size, and VERY carefully words his auction to be misleading, BUT, careful enough for a non stary-eyed bidder to realize it's phony.

Ebay has never pulled one of his auctions, and he still runs them every so often and is making $400 UP on each sale for a $50 at most toy. There are MILLIONS of auctions on Ebay at any one time, and there's very specific reasons in their rules to pull auctions, and this won't even get their attention.

For all we know, the lister is just uninformed, and truly thinks the bike is real as he has stated. There are plenty of people out there that believe everything they are told, and won't change their minds even in the face of overwhelming proof. Ebay masked the bidder id's years ago, so people could NOT email them directly and tell them the auction they are bidding on is phony... We used to do that all the time, in the coin-machine area, to protect bidders that didn't know better.

Last edited: