1972 Z50 still in crate

I couldn't resist I had to ask.. this is my question lets see if we get a tire pic.

Can you get me a good pic of the name on the tire sidewall and the little numbers... is that a bar code on the tires? nice..

MB165

Somthings fishy here........I dont believe it. It is nice looking though and no reserve?? I bet he pulls it or has a buddy bid it up.

It is nice to see rare crated bikes/atv's. They DO exist, but Z50 has alot of red flags against it.

This stirred up alot of arguments a while back online.

I know the USA starting using barcodes around 1978. maybe Japan was ahead of the game?..:shrug:
Nope bar code is a US thing yep we actually came up with that one.. it was for reading rail cars that thing is as fake as they get.. even the packaging..

This is how a 72 was in the crate and the assembly manual you had to put it togeather axles wheels etc some of the packaging on this bike was not even invented in 72

1972 Crate

markus

I know the USA starting using barcodes around 1978. maybe Japan was ahead of the game?..:shrug:
They were into recycleing too, check out the 4th pic in, top left, the foam covering the loose handlebar right above the bag with the manuals etc...

It was problaby one of the high end restos from that guy on ebay, jerry's z50 parts.

Last edited:
When I saw it this morning I was in disbelief. :eek:hmy: I think your right about his buddies bidding it WAY WAY up. Should get interesting. :detective::deal:

They were into recycleing too, check out the 4th pic in, top left, the foam covering the loose handlebar right above the bag with the manuals etc...

It was problaby one of the high end restos from that guy on ebay, jerry's z50 parts.
:doah: Thats funny I got the bar code and plastic from the get go didnt notice the green recycle, good eye

Bikerscum

Crate...

Guy I work with had a job back in the day uncrating these things. Said all the crates were mahogany, it grew like weeds in the homeland.

:shrug: