1975 cat slingshot..

Dan-E-boy

Hey guys, I picked up this Slingshot yesterday from a craiglist seller, its pretty clean, looks to be original paint on the frame and original chrome..it should clean up even nicer too.:thumbsup:. i was gonna put it in the project pile and post it later when i would get to work on it.. but I wanted to share it now because it turns out its a 1975... im NO cat expert.. thats for sure:laugh: but I've had a few (3 400x's ,300tt and now this makes 2 slingshots) and they have all been from 69-72 besides this one..so far other peoples cats that i have seen were from those same years too.. does anyone have ads for these past the 72 ones we are familiar with?? so how long were these bikes really made:shrug:??
here are a few pics of it.. thanks for checking it out:thumbsup:

Dan-E-boy

thanks for posting that ad Derek.. cool stuff on it!:thumbsup: you would be the right guy to ask, are the 75s the last ones or how much longer did they make them??

Dan-E-boy

Dam how did I miss this maybe cause my wife said no more mini's :doah:this Great find Danny:scooter:
thanks Mark, the ad was up for a few hours when i found it so i thought you or one of the other locals had already picked it up... figured i would try anyway and lucked out..

45t

Wow, very nice! Doesn't look like it is missing much, but a few of the missing items may be hard to find (sissy bar and clutch cover). The other missing items (grips, seat) can be found or made easily.

I think it needs to get posted in the survivor thread. :thumbsup: