2016 MiniKenny Bonanza BC500 vintage open

Karen I think I found a good picture I cropped this from David Wulf's picture.

I don't think I need that spacer/bracket since my plate is already flat and I like the height where it is. Assuming my rotation angle is close to correct?

Thanks, Ken

Attachments

Last edited:
I couldn't find a picture so I dug out the kickstand and took another. :laugh: If that works what you have......go for it. On my bonanza the bend was to close to the frame. Actually, I think its still not right.:laugh:

If that bracket just straddles the hump that my kickstand doesn't have :laugh:, it looks like it might lower the bracket 1/4" maybe? It would still have to go at the same angle so I think I'm good. :thumbsup: I'll figure out which way it would rotate with weight on it and rotate as far as it can go in that direction and tighten her down. Thanks for the picture :thumbsup:

You know, I can be pretty dense sometimes. It finally occurred to me that it would be awfully hard to operate it as a kickstand (push it down with my foot) mounted like this!! :doah: I was thinking it was so slick and sleek all tucked up underneath like that. :eek:ut:

You probably all noticed that and were laughing your tails off. :laugh:

I'll be back with a spacer.

So maybe I don't need to fab a spacer? Is this anywhere close to the correct mounting angle?

Slow progress. I've done some paint removal - I need to get a new stripper wheel for the grinder. I also made some plugs for the extra holes in the engine plate and a replacement footpeg bracket. Hopefully I can get this stuff welded up this weekend. :thumbsup:

The bracket isn't exactly straight :laugh: but hopefully it won't be too noticeable once I get some pegs on it.

It all looks good to me kenny. :thumbsup: you're on a roll now...keep up the good work !

Oh and that is one bad a$$ seat...nice work guys.

Last edited: