2017 Lil Indian raffle bike.

The 2017 windber raffle bike is a 1965-1966 Lil Indian. Serial number 21266. If anyone on here knows how to date code this bike it would be great. I have a couple ideas on dating it. 2-February. 12 th day. 66 year. Or 212th bike built in 1966. If any of you remember back a few months ago Mike Peek. Peekster. Had this bike for sale on here. It was also for sale at windber 2016. No hits on it. I got thinking this would make an awsum raffle bike .I told Mike I wanted it and we agreed on a price. Not sure yet how to word this but I have all but a couple pieces to make this s complete bike. Mike and I talked about this and we came up with if people want to donate money tord's the purchase price of the bike and any thing over $550 will be directly donated to the windber police dept. I want to talk to a couple people on here as to how to go about the donation first before I say any more on it. Pictures to come Doon if I can get them to upload.

I have new seat made by Karen. NOS tires double Indian head. 4"mags. Decals for motor. Disc brake. White brake cable. New front fork spring and bolts. Chain guard. Correct pto cover too now. NOS gas tank. Gaskets.fenders Other engine parts. I am looking for a 1965-66 3 hp Briggs. Correct throttle and dummy grips

markus

Rick, its a 1969. the brake caliper that mike had with it was an earlier "3 rib" version, it used a 5 rib if you want to get picky :) Thats just the backplate that changed and maybe the stop rod that sticks out of it that stuff can be removed/swapped out as far as Know though.

Those Grips are OGK japan, they are copies of grips Honda used in the 60's. the Honda grips can be found, bummer is they are just about as expensive to buy as a set of OGK's :doah:

Last edited:
The 2017 windber raffle bike is a 1965-1966 Lil Indian. Serial number 21266. If anyone on here knows how to date code this bike it would be great. I have a couple ideas on dating it. 2-February. 12 th day. 66 year. Or 212th bike built in 1966.
Well as you will find out Rick, this is not how to date code a LiL Indian. Markus had what was probably the closest means of possibly dating the bike which was just a sequence number. Using the annual production numbers as a guide line, it would have possibly been the 21 thousandth, two-hundred sixty-sixth bike produced. Since I've been keeping a log of serial numbers when they are posted, I've found this to be the closest idea that matches the bikes I've saved. 21046 was just on eBay not so long ago and was a two speed mini-matic version with a Briggs motor plate. John "Bikerscum" had 22290 but it had a date code of 7 70 on the motor plate. So that kind of throws off the sequence number idea. Knowing that at different points in their history they were using up frames, it could have very well still maintained that concept but just been a left over. I don't have a picture of which bike it became so I'm not sure which motor plate it had but if was a '70, it'd have had the Tecumseh plate. Karl "notsominibike" had or has 22301 and it appears to have a Briggs plate. I also have some pictures of 22488 and has the same type date code as John's which is also 7 70. I can't see the plate as it has a motor bolted to it in all the pictures. Dating these bikes is still a mystery at best from my perspective but use what you can find. If it is a '65 to '66 then the mags probably wouldn't be correct if you are going for correct but everyone likes the 4" mags so it wouldn't bother me to see them on there correct or not.

Is the serial number on the tire strap or the motor plate? It's interesting in hind site now that I have two saved that have the same date code but don't really fall into the spectrum with the serial number.

I will get some pics posted of frame and serial number placement and disc brake. I have two brakes for it one is shorter. Thanks. I want to get this as close as possible to original as I can. The seat I was told was an early model because of the kick up in the back. It was repoped from original one by Karen.

I have a couple of pics I want to post but I'm having no luck on that. Marcus has been a big help on this. I Will be looking for s 1968 or very early 1969 Briggs 3 hp. Marcus has a great idea of making it the 500 model. I have a lead on who to get should of for the chain cover for it and hope to get one.

I know it been awhile since I have posted anything here. I have sandblasted the the frame forks and fenders. Acid etched them did a little body work a and primed them a couple times and then painted everything. I had the rims vibra tumbled they look almost like factory. I have quite a little invested in this bike so far. Is what I'm wondering is if some of the members here would be willing to donate tords the cost of the build. I have around $700-750 into this already.

Hey Rick...

I sent you a note too, but then I figured I'd share my thought process with everyone...so if they are thinking similar..

At first I thought...man I want to help..but I just paid bills..I don't have enough spare to give what I want.

So I stewed on it a few minutes, then it came to me...shucks...I have 10 dollars I can spare without major issue....:laugh:...paypal is free...every little bit adds up, and I can always come back when I'm more flush with cash and give some more..?

So that's what I did. Come on folks, let's support Rick in this.

Once again I'll speak for everyone Rick, and say thank you for what you do for our hobby :thumbsup:

P.S....I think the paypal address above has an extra space in it erroneously...I used this one..r.chatten@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Looks good Rick. Lets hope that some people will donate a little since you have all the hard to find parts.This will be 1 sweet bike to win.:thumbsup:

You gave me a good deal on the bike to begin with and I appreciate that. I would like to recover some of the money invested into it. Like I mentioned above anything over $450 will be donated to the police dept.. Is anyone reproducing the decal that goes on the big chain cover ?