212cc carb on a 196cc clone?

so i have neglected my poor old mini bike and it has sat outside in the weather, i have cleaned out the carb, i can get it to run on starting fluid but as soon as the starting fluid burns off it shuts off. all the fuel lines are clear, i have tried adjusting the carb but broke off one of the adjustment screws.

I have the 196cc clone, but i cant find a carb for it for the life of me. would the 212cc carb work on this motor?
Or would i just be better off building up a new 212cc from harbor freight? id prefer to keep this block and run it until it blows to save me some $$$ in the mean time.

I want to get this little guy going to putt around some trails/logging roads this summer.

Thanks for any advise guys/gals!

awesome thanks guys! that saves me some money i can spend on a few mods or a torque converter. cant wait to get back out there

A.J.

This is a really helpful thread. I also have a 196cc clone, and plan to put a larger carb on down the road. It's good to know they have the same configuration. Will make aftermarket shopping easier!

Im thinking it just needs more cleaning.... Typically there just a little gunk in the tiny passages that cause the whole hiccup....
Have you tried the lemon juice boiling yet....
That will clean it for sure.....