3.5 Hp Tec Intake Manifold Part #36703 or 34597

HOLY crap you don't want one of those ones.. :laugh: Those ones have a small bore and are like small power putt putt sidewalk edger intakes.. The older model has a larger port and will run stronger.. It may not hang as low as that intake, but you can adjust your governor arm and linkages and springs and stuff, so thats no big whoop..

I have the older ones that I save from junk motors to run on my Briggs engines.. I could hook ya up with one of those.. If it's imperative you have that particular one, I can't help ya.. :doah:

Will this one work?? This is for a motor that I sold to someone and it was damaged during shipping. The stupid intake snapped in half bc the guy at ups droppped it. Ups refunded me the money and then I am refunding him and trying to help him get it running again.

The motor has the gas tank on the same side as the carb. It sits right on top of it. If this one will bolt straight up and not have to have any other mods then I will end up getting it. It is from another OldMiniBikes member.

I have one that looks like the 34597 intake off a Tecumseh Sears Edger with a 3.0 horse side exhaust if that will work .The motor has a diaphragm carb on it if that makes a difference .

If it use the smaller one wont it have to be modified bc the carb will sit higher up?? Possibly hitting the gas tank?? What about the picture I posted that looks very close to the original and if it will work then thats what I want to get??

jrzmac

I think I know whats going on. your gas tank is in the rear of the engine right? near the carb, most minibikes have their tanks either in the front of the engine, or on top of the frame. not in the back! I have the same engine. with the same intake. you need the one going straight down so the throttle doesnt interfere with the gas tank right? yeah thats a problem because as you can see those type of manifolds are way too restictive! maybe you can make some type of bracket for the tank to hang in the front of the engine? so nothings in the way of the carb. it's a side pooper too I guess?

I think I know whats going on. your gas tank is in the rear of the engine right? near the carb, most minibikes have their tanks either in the front of the engine, or on top of the frame. not in the back! I have the same engine. with the same intake. you need the one going straight down so the throttle doesnt interfere with the gas tank right? yeah thats a problem because as you can see those type of manifolds are way too restictive! maybe you can make some type of bracket for the tank to hang in the front of the engine? so nothings in the way of the carb. it's a side pooper too I guess?
If it was my engine I would go with the bigger and better flowing intake but it is not mine. The guy who bought it wants exactly the same original intake. And yes you are right the gas tank is ontop of the carb and located in the rear of the engine. If you are looking at the front of the blower housing it is to the left side. Do you think the intake that fat boy posted will work??

jrzmac

If it was my engine I would go with the bigger and better flowing intake but it is not mine. The guy who bought it wants exactly the same original intake. And yes you are right the gas tank is ontop of the carb and located in the rear of the engine. If you are looking at the front of the blower housing it is to the left side. Do you think the intake that fat boy posted will work??
sure it will work. thats what came with the engine. except they were made for edgers, not minibikes. I dont know how it will work with a pretty decent load on it, riding around throttling up and down! since it' aint yours, give him the one that fatboy posted. just so the tank fits and everything. is he using it for a minibike?

sure it will work. thats what came with the engine. except they were made for edgers, not minibikes. I dont know how it will work with a pretty decent load on it, riding around throttling up and down! since it' aint yours, give him the one that fatboy posted. just so the tank fits and everything. is he using it for a minibike?
No he is using it for his tiller. I think that one should work fine. Would the rust hurt it any??