5hp Briggs + billet flywheel and rod

A friend of mine is going to be hahahahaed financially soon so I'm selling the engine. She's too proud to take money now (still has a couple months before it gets really bad) so I'm saving up for her and every bit helps.

It's a 5hp Briggs that supposedly has a shaved head and it's got a header on it. It ran like a raped ape when I had it in my DB. The bad is that I've let it sit with gas in it for over 3 years so it won't run anymore. I've also got a billet flywheel and rod for it (not installed, but included). I believe it still has a Max Torque clutch on as well.

I want $200 and will not take a penny less for the whole shebang. LOCAL ONLY. I've got too much shit going on in my life now to mess around with shipping an engine.

Here's an old pic of it when it was in the DB. I'll try to get some current pics in the next few days.

Last edited:

Bikerscum

Strig told me a while back that the 5ver was the one thing he would never ever sell... It's gonna make someone really happy. :thumbsup:

Is it an I/C or alum bore? And single bearing, dual bearing, or bushing block?
I have no idea.

The rod isn't labeled. Here's some pics I just took of everything a few minutes ago. I believe I have the cover for the air filter somewhere. It wouldn't fit in the frame with it on.

edit: I think I got the rod/flywheel from Ibanez616.

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

don't want to burst your bubble but the flywheel is for an ohv Animal and not a flathead. the keyway is clocked wrong...it should be approx 2 o'clock with the magnets straight up and not 10 o'clock...

Well that sucks. I'm glad you caught that and that I never tried installing it. :laugh: Whoever I bought it from said it was a 5hp Briggs flathead flywheel.

New prices.

$125 for the engine and rod.

$50 + shipping for the flywheel.

I want this gone. $75 for the engine/rod if you come pick it up. I'm only 3 minutes from the 4/680 interchange in Martinez.

$50 shipped for the Animal flywheel. I'll do it for $40 + shipping if that sounds like a better deal to you. It'll ship next business day going Priority Mail after receiving payment.