5hp factory valve guide...pressed in?

Fisher1983

Working on the old 5hp I noticed a ridged circle in the floor of the exhaust port...is this a pressed in valve guide? The intake doesnt have this. Im hoping its pressed in so that I can replace it myself. Its the 1 inch crank chipper engine, model 130212. 20160826_172345.jpg

MB165

you can tap it with a 1/4-28 tap then thread a bolt, washer and nut. tighten the nut and it'll pull the guide out. If you need to finish the new guide to proper size (might not need to)I can hook you up with some reamers

Fisher1983

you can tap it with a 1/4-28 tap then thread a bolt, washer and nut. tighten the nut and it'll pull the guide out. If you need to finish the new guide to proper size (might not need to)I can hook you up with some reamers
I might send it out. Theres a Kart engine company that'll fit both valves with the bronze EZ Bore guides at a good price. I can have him cut the seat for the new exhaust valve at the same time. However, if I choose to do it myself, does Briggs offer a drop in replacement made of bronze? I do not like the factory iron guides....too much wear.

125ccCrazy

EZ Bore guides are great..I have used them several times...You will need a hone to get the tolerance right on the new valve..not hard just a little time consuming..

Fisher1983

EZ Bore guides are great..I have used them several times...You will need a hone to get the tolerance right on the new valve..not hard just a little time consuming..

That's one reason I want to have it done. I don't have a ton of time (or tool money) to spend on it and I just want it to be done right. The intake valve is perfect...perfect seal with a nice wide pattern on the seat. Hardly any guide play, though I might have a bronze guide installed there too for durability sake.