6.5 clone specs ??

have you ever used a lifan motor or even seen one? iam not talking little 6.5hp clones i agree honda is better there. iam saying like the REAl 140cc lifan's are way better then the honda motors
i have both honda's and lifan motors from 49cc upto 250cc there is no comparison between the two honda craftmanship is superior look at the cases along clones are made from cheap cast aluminum they are more pores the honda cases are smooth and machine cut the internal parts are of a higher quality . clones are good and cheap and i love them BUT you get what you pay for and twenty years from now honda will still be on top the clones are temporary for the times and there uses. i own three clones 6.5 hp but i still want a real gx200 .

Interesting dialogue about quality.

Well - I ended up getting a used B&S intek 190 - I posted elsewhere about this on the B&S section of the forum. Terrific deal, engine came off a broken pressure washer, one that failed very soon into its life.

I would assume these should be made better than the clone and from I understand I can swap pieces from the animal engines into this thing.

Cheers!

125ccCrazy

The clone I'm building was purchased about 4 or 5 years ago and just sat until the last few months when I decided to mod it.... I compared the rockers from my clone to a true honda rocker and the clone is about 50% thicker, the crank doesnt look like the ones pictured on this thread, maybe the newer versions got cheaper but the one I have is a pretty stout piece... The casing is solid and not full of casting pocks... I'm curious to how it's gonna run with the mods....it should be in the 15hp range...

We also have honda clones on mid bikes and they have all run well and held up good.... I've seen a couple mid bikes with built clones pushing into the
90 mph range via GPS...

125ccCrazy

Anybody got actual measurments of the HF clone 6.5? I need to see if it will fit into something without to much modifying before i buy one!
without the gas tank it's approx 9" tall and 11" long.... with the tank it's approx 12" tall.... I'd have to put the tank back on mine to get an exact measurment..

We also have honda clones on mid bikes and they have all run well and held up good.... I've seen a couple mid bikes with built clones pushing into the
90 mph range via GPS...

These are honda 70 style clone engines with 4 speed trannys and not the 6.5 horizonal shaft mb engines, just wanted to clarify that....

Sku 66015 specifications

SKU 66015 SPECIFICATIONS

Power Output 6.5 HP Gas Engine, EPA approved
Displacement / Stroke 196 cc; 4-stroke
Ignition Type Electronic ignition (T.C.I.)
Cooling System Forced air cooling
Idling Carburetor Adjust 1700 +/- 150 RPM
Valve clearance Cold engine – Intake: 0.15 +/- 0.02mm;
Exhaust: 0.20 +/- 0.02 mm
Maximum Power Output 4.8 KW @ 3600 RPM
Maximum Torque 11-N.M./2500-RPM
Distributor Timing Intake valve opening: BTDC 10 degrees;
Intake valve closing: ABDC 20 degrees
Bore and Stroke 68 x 54 mm
Spark Plug Type BP6ES, BPR6ES (NGK), or NHSPLD F6TC; 0.7~0.8 mm clearance
Gasoline Type Unleaded
Gasoline Tank Capacity 0.93 gallon (3.5 liters)
Drive Shaft Type Horizontal, ¾” straight, (3/16”) keyed shaft with ball bearings. Direction:
counterclockwise (facing shaft); Length: 2-1/4”; Central thread: 5/16”-24
Start Type Recoil
Speed 3600 RPM
Oil Capacity and Type 0.528 quart (0.5 liters); SAE 10W30 (in freezing weather use 5W30)
Engine Mounting Square pattern, 4 holes; 8.0-1.25 mm threads
Weight 33.8 lbs.
Overall Dimensions 12-3/4” L x 14” W x 10-1/4” H
Recommended Applications To drive: pump, sprayer, tiller, chipper, shredder, log splitter
Features Low oil shutdown, automatic
Longer engine life with bearing supported shaft
Meets EPA certification (2008)
Fuel shutoff valve

I have a 6.5 clone motor i have had for 6 months, it smokes now and right recently after i bought an air filter and adapter it will crank and run for no longer than 10 sec and flood out..whats the problem with that? and has any one ever heard of a turbo shroud kit that you use to could buy for 5 hp flat heads, it takes the air going across the fins and pushes it into the carb as to my understanding, which my friend was telling me this and i haven't been able to find it online.

gocar,

In regards to your smoking 6.5

Typically:

Blue smoke is caused by engine oil entering the cylinder area and being burned along with the fuel air mixture. Blue smoke is more likely in older engines with leaks.
Black smoke is caused by excess fuel that has entered the cylinder area and cannot be burned completely. Examine your carburetor for problems.

Check float level. When installing air filter / adapter did you reinstall gaskets correctly? If you were reporting a lean A/F condtion this would make more sense after installation of a high flow air filter.

Good Luck!

it was rich before i put the filter on. it would run wide open strong but it wouldnt do good when u eased into it or half wide open, but after that certain point it did good. i do have a header on it. the govern is off of it, it does burn oil, when burn a half tank of gas i have to usually take the spark plug and clean the carbon off it..by the way its on a single leg go cart. it is impressive when it was running, it use to crank first pull but now it has the "problem" and wont do nothing now but run for a sec and flood out. net ? i want to figure a way to push air into the carb..like a superchager.i heard there was a shroud kit that turk brtohers had years ago for a briggs flat head..any suggestions for my clone?