6.5 clone specs ??

there are several companies that make them and they're basically all the same. the yellow ones (by Champion) are generally considered to be the best quality. the blue HF ones are usually made by Lifan.

what kind of engineering specs do you want?

just go buy one. they're good motors.

Agreed, just go buy one. they're good motors. Weve beat the snot out of our 99$ hf motor and have allready gotten our moneys worth without an issue except some backfires and a leaky gas cap.

Hi guys - thanks for the recommendations. Are these overhead valve motors or flat heads ? What is the actual displacement, bore and stroke ? Is there a website for these engines ? What makes the champion motor better, and who sells them ?

Sorry for the ?'s - I'm on the learning curve.

these are OHV motors and the 6.5 is 196cc (not sure of the bore/stroke).

the Champion motors are generally put together a bit better and are mainly used for kart racing. NR-Racing is one place that sells the yellow motors. NR-Racing.com

start reading in this section, you'll learn a lot.

125ccCrazy

Bore is 68mm Stroke is approx 54mm

Bore X Bore X Stroke X .7854 X number of cylinders (1) = C.I

68 x 68 x 54 x .7854 x 1 = 196111.2384 C.I

Last edited:
They are Honda gx200 clone motors the Honda parts fit in them. Look at AGK and some of the Go cart site they run these motors and parts inter change with the Honda.

From what I read the Champion and box stock project( the ones NR sells and the ones ARC sells )are not the same. I thought I read that there was only 1 importer for the box stock or yellow motors.

I would stick to the Lifan ones personal. I run a couple of the Lifan CT70 remake engine and had no problem and my oldest engine I had for almost six years and rode a lot with out any trouble. I have noticed H/F have made some changes to there engines to keep Honda off there back for copy right infringements. There a extra bolt on valve cover, air cleaner, gas tank, different and changes in the flywheel cover. I think internals are the same.

I would stick to the Lifan ones personal. I run a couple of the Lifan CT70 remake engine and had no problem and my oldest engine I had for almost six years and rode a lot with out any trouble. I have noticed H/F have made some changes to there engines to keep Honda off there back for copy right infringements. There a extra bolt on valve cover, air cleaner, gas tank, different and changes in the flywheel cover. I think internals are the same.
I bet Honda has been sweating oil on all these clones,especially the Lifans being sold.Do you realize it has to hurt Honda.It's no wonder they are and have been lashing back.I realize Honda quality is #1 but lord you can buy 3-5 clones for the price of just 1 Honda engine.For the price of the HF clones it really is hard to believe they don't fall apart soon after running em.

I would have thought they would to. My buddy's is still running, his bike Odometer (modified bike speedo calibrated by GPS) reads 426 miles ungoverned on his HF 6.5. All that's done with it is a pipe, intake, and 90 jet from ARC (box stock kit). Runs the piss out of it 1/2 mile wide opens. He does use synthetic Mobil One oil and the internal governor parts have been removed. He is trying to blow it up cause he bought the 2 year extended warranty at Harbor Freight. He has only had this motor for about a month and a half. He does allot of riding about 10 miles a day.

Funny thing is he keeps a log of his Gas mileage. He is getting 29MPG lol like a hybrid.

Last edited:
lifan motors are well built i wanna say almost better then honda but i will give honda props for caring parts for 30 year old bikes still and how easy they are to get them

Motra

lifan motors are well built i wanna say almost better then honda
Better than Honda? I think that crack you're smokin' is starting to cloud your judgment! I could show you some internal engine parts that'd make you rethink that statement. In the equipment rental and construction industries almost all power equipment is powered by Honda, the small percentage that isn't is usually Robin/Subaru. Where reliability and overall cost of ownership is more importment than initial investment, Honda wins hands down. A clone would do good to last a week in that environment and when you're talking about BIG money lost because of equipment down time and high repair costs, one Honda is better than five clones.

have you ever used a lifan motor or even seen one? iam not talking little 6.5hp clones i agree honda is better there. iam saying like the REAl 140cc lifan's are way better then the honda motors

Better than Honda? I think that crack you're smokin' is starting to cloud your judgment! I could show you some internal engine parts that'd make you rethink that statement. .
yep. here's a few pics of my 5.5 clone crank and a GX160 crank that i have. the clone crank is on the left and there is a huge difference in quality (especially when you see them in person). the pics aren't that great, but you get the idea.

after seeing the two cranks, i think the clone one is the cause of the vibration my motor has/had.

i'm going to order some parts to get it back together this weekend and i've got a GX160 block that's going to be on its way as well. the only clone thing left on it will be the head. hopefully the vibration will be gone.