6.5 hp Honda clone tachometer

Hi i was just wondering if any one knows a way how i can hook up a tachometer to my Honda clone it does not have a battery. so im not sure how im going to do it yet.

Simple Tachometer Installation.

Hi i was just wondering if any one knows a way how i can hook up a tachometer to my Honda clone it does not have a battery. so im not sure how im going to do it yet.
Clip it to the spark plug wire and your done.

TT

Good luck you have to rig something up on the flywheel or clutch with magnets. "Regular tachs" need points, you don't have them ! Most of us just fold on this one and buy the ebay tinytach clones and wrap a wire around the spark plug wire.

Good luck you have to rig something up on the flywheel or clutch with magnets. "Regular tachs" need points, you don't have them ! Most of us just fold on this one and buy the ebay tinytach clones and wrap a wire around the spark plug wire.
ahh alright thanks im not gunna take Governor out im not doing all that work ahaha .

If the tach has TWO wires as shown in mmisterbungl's photo it is probably one of the better quality ones (e.g. "Tiny Tach"). If , on the other hand, there is only ONE wire, it is likely one of the cheap Chinese knock offs, (typically sell on Ebay for about $ 20.00) that are REALLY crappy in my opinion. I bought one early last year and found it to be extremely inaccurate and displayed wide RPM fluctuations even with the throttle held in a stationary position!::doah: I would NEVER trust it for use in any type of engine analysis or (especially) governor calibration!:eek:ut: When I brought it to the attention of the seller they issued me a full refund AND said "just go ahead and keep the tach." While I appreciated their customer service, that seemed too easy to me almost as if they were already aware the tach was no good.:shrug: