A couple of NOS Gold Briggs 5hp engines

wOw.. ..those are some really nice engines! I would call that color "copper" though, lol.....that's my fave color on the Briggs engines.

Also, that 130232 code means ball bearing on the PTO....darn good engines for sure! :thumbsup: It's a shame the seller didn't bother posting the full serial code, wondering what years they are? early to mid '70s most likely....

Last edited:
wOw.. ..those are some really nice engines! I would call that color "copper" though, lol.....that's my fave color on the Briggs engines.

Also, that 130232 code means ball bearing on the PTO....darn good engines for sure! :thumbsup: It's a shame the seller didn't bother posting the full serial code, wondering what years they are? early to mid '70s most likely....

Very subtle difference...but they are gold. Which means big price difference oddly. :shrug:

really?? totally looks copper to me....I have a gold colored Kohler brand generator with a Briggs engine and it doesn't look like that color at all!

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

Last edited:
really?? toyally looks copper to me....I have a gold colored Kohler brand generator with a Briggs engine and it doesn't look like that color at all!

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk
Yepper...otherwise I would be sitting on a gold mine of those motors:laugh:. Those were mainly mid to late 70s.

Yepper...otherwise I would be sitting on a gold mine of those motors:laugh:. Those were mainly mid to late 70s.
r u sure you aren't just messing with me?? or with all that cheese, you can't tell the difference between cheddar and mozzarella? :laugh: that color is copper, I swear.... I have several engines in that color and they date between '71 and '75. I have looked at the pix on 2 different computers and my phone and it sure looks copper to me.... :shrug:

r u sure you aren't just messing with me?? or with all that cheese, you can't tell the difference between cheddar and mozzarella? :laugh: that color is copper, I swear.... I have several engines in that color and they date between '71 and '75. I have looked at the pix on 2 different computers and my phone and it sure looks copper to me.... :shrug:
Now why would I mess with you? :laugh:. No...not kidding.

Bikerscum

Yeah, I saw the cranks right off the bat... it was a deal breaker. Shame too... that's not far from me, for a change :laugh:

How big of a deal is it to change the cranks? $$?

george3

Those two engines are copper. The gold ones are 3/4 keyed crank. LOL. Small gen. and pump engines.