Acme

I purchased this NOS frame from George (Mountain Man) a few years ago and finally started working on it a couple of weeks ago. It just needed some light sanding on the frame to get it to bare metal. I primed the frame in white and then went with an older metal flake blue with three coats of clear and painted the wheels white. I have a nice HS 50 that I'm going to paint white and mount a clutch brake on. I still need to make the spacers for the wheels and whip up a chainguard and call it done.

Attachments

A rare Mountain Man George sighting....

Every other photo I have posted of him has mysteriously disappeared over the years...

Nice bike Owen :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! The first picture looks like the one I have of him going for a morning walk in the woods at Windber:laugh:

Thanks Drew and Buck! I did shake his hand at Windber and he pulled my arm out of socket:laugh: I'm going to use the 3.5 Tecumseh after all, it's been sitting for a couple of years waiting for a new home. It will get a front tank added and a cool air cleaner housing to set it off.

Attachments

So I decided to swap out the Tecumseh with a 4 hp clone that I had sitting on the shelf since I'll won't be keeping this one. Now I need to paint and trim the chainguard to clear the exhaust. Had to add a heavier return spring to the throttle, stock one was wimpy! The next owner can get rid of the ugly air cleaner and exhaust if they want, it purrs like a kitten and is Coyote ugly:laugh:

Attachments

I finally got it completed and it was pretty fast on flat ground and okay on the hills. So I got bored and listed it on C.L. and a local guy bought it for his son and daughter to ride, at least it will make them happy riding it:smile: