aftermarket exhaust on stock engine

Hi, i have a baja db30 new style with a stock engine that is very good (does not leak anytime anywhere, starts first pull even in below freezing, runs very fast for the engine's size, etc...) so i would like to change the exhaust to something like this 1" Mini Bike Exhaust Screw On Muffler but i want to know if it will have to be modified to bolt on correctly and if it is really worth it.
any help is appreciated, Thanks
P.S. I have had to deal with a baja engine that did not work so i know that this one is not one of the many crappy engines.

if you want to get more out of that little engine i have a brand new never used promod J/S that i will let go for 90 s&h included.

Thanks for the offer on the j/s but i don't weigh very much so the bike has enough torque for me right now and i think i am going to leave it how it is because there is nothing wrong with it
Thanks for the input everyone:thumbsup:

You won't have any problems with your motor adding a nicer exhuast system. They sound better, and sure make your ride look better. HOWEVER!
Make sure the pipe is a direct bolt on for your frame!!
Nitro

If you are going to put on a header I suggest you get a $10 K&N styel air filter from OldMiniBikes Warehouse, and then re-jet the carb, that way you get more out of the header. OldMiniBikes member Newoldstock once told me to think of a engine like a air pump, the more air you can suck into the engine, and shoot out the better.

i have the hf blue clone on my db. the power from the engine is fine for now, but if i changed the header, would i HAVE to change the air filter and rejet?

the reason i want to change the header is that the stock muffler sticks out too far. see pics on my other post.

thanks

TT

I saw a post on a thread where a guy claimed to have gutted the stock muffler. He must have been smoking something because they are empty, he must have thought something fell out and he lost it and by not putting it back he gutted it. I was going to drill some holes at the rear outer edge and stuff some twin pipes in and weld then braze em. I had five that I sold and never got around to. None had anything inside, just odd shaped cans with a small rectangular opening where my tubes would exit. I think my muffler would add power by scavenging the lingering gasses. Someone should try it, if nothing else it'll look and sound good.:thumbsup:

i have the hf blue clone on my db. the power from the engine is fine for now, but if i changed the header, would i HAVE to change the air filter and rejet?

the reason i want to change the header is that the stock muffler sticks out too far. see pics on my other post.

thanks

TT
I have just a header on mine and didnt have to rejet or add an air filter. In fact I tried to rejet and it didnt help!

I drilled my DB 2.8 stock exaust out from both ends, it has baffel plates ,it made it a lot louder for me this is good ,then i used a jet reamer for cleaning tourch tips to take a little out of the main jet makes a diff.

thanks

TT
I didn't mean you have to re-jet, I just meant that if you want to get the full performance benefits out of a header it is a good idea to add performance air filter and re-jet the carb. I have put headers on things before and re-jetting was not necessary.

on the stock hf muffler, CA version, there is another baffle or something that comes out of the pipe also. what is this for? when i go outside ill take a pic of it. i was wondering if i could cut up the header from stock pipe and weld on my own pipe. have to search about this.

anyway i dont have money for a new pipe cause all of it is going to my quad project. thats whay i was wondering

TT

I'm the guy who gutted the stock muffler. I did it to see if it was something that I could mod or need to replace--replace! I don't have time to dreg up photos right now but if you look at Delrays exhaust set up that's about what I did to mine too. Improvements get more and more blatent as the RPMs increase.
Re jetting the carb and getting rid of the extra screw that Baja put in the clone carb--- that the Honda they "CLONED" did not have (the extra screw that you don't find in a Honda -the one blocking the fuel inlet port in the ventury)-----Get rid of that and you will think that you replaced the motor-add a header and free flow muffler and run a tach.
I could not get more than 5100 rpm's with the stock exhaust--6600 under load with the swap DON'T RUN RPMs LIKE THIS YOURSELF-not unless your torcher testing motors and your prepaired to handle what happens when the motor blows.