American Pickers

I think I heard them say lil Gen??
I've seen them jump over many a nice bike to get to some ugly old bicycle. The one time they dragged a bike out it was I believe a full survivor Bonanza and wouldnt meet the guys asking price of $125. Either we are the only ones who value these things so high or minibikes are just not their thing.

I've seen them jump over many a nice bike to get to some ugly old bicycle. The one time they dragged a bike out it was I believe a full survivor Bonanza and wouldnt meet the guys asking price of $125. Either we are the only ones who value these things so high or minibikes are just not their thing.
I think they try to deal mostly with the very rare stuff, when it comes to transportation, or stuff that can easily be sold off to a business. Not sure how many businesses would be willing to hang or lift onto a shelf something as heavy as mini bike when an old bicycle can be lifted by a single person and hung on the wall with some nails. I have noticed that they tend to buy very little that the average person would consider, their business seems tilted toward getting stuff for businesses to display and the occasional person with deep pockets.

Paul

Your spot on Paul.
I went to their shop last time I was in Tennessee, it was basically a t-shirt shop with some really cool background clutter.

MikeBear

They're collectors. They don't sell much if any of the stuff you see them "buy" on the tv show. It pretty much all goes into their personal collections.

They don't even really buy the stuff themselves as we see it going down. It's pre-bought by the shows producers, and placed back into the piles of crap for them to "find" during the actual filming.

A little bit of looking around of the internet is what brought all this to light.