American Restorations.....Pack Mule

hoppy

Anybody happen to catch the episode lastnight that had the Pack Mule in it?
Man that thing is cool.....inline dual rear tires and a track that went around both.
It was long.....probably hold an adult and two kids.:shrug: I didnt see the finished product but have it taped. Cool stuff.

Saw it, SCREAMED right out loud at the TV when he said $6500 to do it! But then figure at $100 bucks an hour thats only 65 man hours which seems resonable and it was beautiful when complete.... :thumbsup::biggrin:

What were the wheels originally painted from the factory? They were white when they dropped it off then he painted them red. I think Rick kind of wings it on his restorations. If I were to spend that kind of money on a restoration,it had better be perfect. I have seen some of his restorations that I would have said " ah no... do it over Rick"

Yea, they do good work, but rape the people on cost that don't know any better, or can't do it on their own. The guys a bum !
You have no idea what you are talking about. Ever run your own business pay insurance maybe health care for 20 people hmm I don't think so.

So before you open your trap about the cost maybe you should learn about the subject.

It amazes me that a lot of you think he is over charging. I don't know the guy from Adam. But he owns a business. He is pay for that building all the employees plus there unemployment,S/S+insurance on top of that material cost,taxes, utility's each month all this adds up when you own a business. What is he suppose to charge. Is he to take a loss on it because some off us could do it cheaper in our garages with no over head. Think about it. Take your car to a body shop and see how much it cost to get it repainted properly. There is a lot people in this would that can't do a restoration because they lack the skills to do it, but have the income to pay someone else to do it. Cheers for him.

It amazes me that a lot of you think he is over charging. I don't know the guy from Adam. But he owns a business. He is pay for that building all the employees plus there unemployment,S/S+insurance on top of that material cost,taxes, utility's each month all this adds up when you own a business. What is he suppose to charge. Is he to take a loss on it because some off us could do it cheaper in our garages with no over head. Think about it. Take your car to a body shop and see how much it cost to get it repainted properly. There is a lot people in this would that can't do a restoration because they lack the skills to do it, but have the income to pay someone else to do it. Cheers for him.
I don't have a problem for what he charges. It it the person having it done that decides to pay. Like I said. I don't think he does the best work for what he charges.

exactly.

True, he has a small work force, maybe 10 guys (?) only see a handful on the show. Keep in mind that he has mutiple projects going on at the same time, all different completion date, plus the $$ he gets for the show, and the free advertisement. What I'm saying is he chargess to much, taking advantage of people. That my friend, is a BUM !!

True, he has a small work force, maybe 10 guys (?) only see a handful on the show. Keep in mind that he has mutiple projects going on at the same time, all different completion date, plus the $$ he gets for the show, and the free advertisement. What I'm saying is he chargess to much, taking advantage of people. That my friend, is a BUM !!
He's running a business and people are using his services. Success?

If the tables were turned and you were in his position, you'd be pissed if someone called you a bum after creating a successful business and television show -- even if it is just some troll on the internet.

Don't hate. :shrug:

Y'all gotta remember he's operating in Las Vegas where you'd expect overhead costs to be through the roof. Here in WA the shops charge 85-130 an hour and our utilities are quite cheap.

Oh Hent, did I stike a nerve ? Is Rick a member of the Good Ol Boys club here on OldMiniBikes ? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I were that bum. I agree, he has overhead he needs to pay for, but really, he's taking advantage of people that have an emotional attachment to items they bring to him, and he knows it. He's laughing all the way to the bank at his customers and tv fans. :laugh:

Our shop rate is $95 an hour. Not far off from his $100 an hour. What gets me is 65 man hours! Thats seeems like 25 to many in my opinion.

Its a show....take it for what its worth and to me thats not much!