And it all begins...

gakarl

Or you can get a wire wheel and some airplane stripper and do it yourself.:thumbsup:

Yuuuuup that's what I'm doing today. This is gonna set me back a day. Was hoping to have running by next weekend. I'm on vacation this week from work and this was gonna be what kept me busy.

Well I promise I won't do that again applying a second coat so late. Live and learn.

gakarl

Yeah I was just hoping to source the chain locally cause that's the only thing I "need" to get running. I might hit the tractor supply outfit this afternoon. I tried a small engine shop earlier today. They even advertised moped repair and I couldn't believe they didn't have a chain in stock. So do I need to buy a chain breaker or anything to make one the right length?

Chain breaker is always nice to have around, but you can use a master link that you put together your self. You can use a grinder and a punch to take out links if you need to.

gakarl

That was a pain in the blank. Wasn't to bad taking it off.

I am not a big sander but should turn out reasonable and probably better than the first time. I bought it primed and just cleaned it and painted it the first time. This time I did the cleaning and priming to I'm sure the extra work paid off.

gakarl

Ugh so the seats in. I love it buuuuuut it's to small. I musta ordered it after a couple beers cause the size didn't cross my mind. I'm thinking mini bike all the seats are smalls. Not extra small and mini small. Lol

It will slide in the slot, take a punch and small hammer and just tap it backwards , or tap a little screw driver between it and the shaft and it will lift up,.. its not in there that tight.

So I took the key out. And as I was putting the clutch on I noticed something with the key. do I put the key back in? The groove for the key of the clutch is a lot shorter than the groove on the shaft and the key will of course hang out. Do I need a shorter key?

Also looks like a hole for a screw, do I use a screw into the clutch? Anyone know the screw size if so? My clutch didn't come with a screw.

You are welcome., ...and yes they are a little hard to get off sometimes. Try to file the sides of the key so it slides in kinda easy.

You are welcome., ...and yes they are a little hard to get off sometimes. Try to file the sides of the key so it slides in kinda easy.

Great idea. What about that screw hole. Do I even need to worry about it provided I use the key and a bolt on the end of the shaft.

Great idea. What about that screw hole. Do I even need to worry about it provided I use the key and a bolt on the end of the shaft.
If ya have them I always stick them back in and tighten them, but with the bolt & washers in the end of the cranshaft you don't have to use them.