And it all begins...

What exactly do you get and not get in that auction? The entire throttle assembly for the handle or just the tube? Its confusing...
In "features" it says "CNC machined throttle clamp" so I would imagine its the clamp and tube as pictured. If you order one make sure you leave your color choice in the "leave seller a message" option when you check out!!

Anyone have a link to that clutch brake kit? Comes with the cover, brake lever, band, and cable. Saw it a couple weeks ago I thought on the OldMiniBikes warehouse website and now I can't kind it for the life of me. Starting to think it was maybe on a diff website than OldMiniBikes warehouse...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So until I get a clutch brake kit, how do I install this rear friction brake on the back wheel. Tell me I don't have to take the back wheel off or worse the engine back out. Seems rather tight fit trying to turn this 10 angels to get in place. The chain and engine keep getting in the way.

Never mind I pulled the rear tire and engine, I was too impatient to wait.

So more progress. Got the brake installed. Had to pull the engine and back tire. PIA after I had everything in nice and tight.

So she's all together and I took her out for a test drive tonight.

Need to make a temp seat till I get a bigger replacement to the first one I bought and sold.

One concern I have is the rear sprocket I think hits the ground on left hand turns. How much bigger of a wheel do you think I can put on this thing?

Now the bikes tilted in the pic so it looks closer than it is, but I think bigger tires would easily solve thing. Any suggestion on type and size?

Oh I was surprised how much noise these thing make. That clutch thing is a rattler!

And the guy I bought the mini from said the wheels were from harbor freight, their horribly wobbly.

Last edited:
Made a make shift seat until I reorder one like I had previously but bigger. Also added the kick stand. Just need a spring for the brake and we are in biz. I have a new throttle and grips on order just waiting for them to come in. I think my next upgrade is the clutch brake kit with a guard / cover.

Does anyone know if I can use these wheels and tires from lowes on my mini. Will they fit and be compatible?
16*6.50-8

Or 4.00-6

No way to mount a sprocket on them, wrong bearing size, and wheel barrow tires "will" blow, shred, and otherwise ruin your day.

If you go any bigger on your rear wheel/tire for ground clearance, you're going to have to move the brake, or move your axle mounts back. (looks that way from your pics)

I had the same issue with all of my 6" wheel small frame Cats. I could feel the sprocket making contact in turns. I just quit leaning so far. A smaller sprocket would help, and you have enough power to over come the resultant gear ratio change.

As said OND said above, you will loose a little on take off. I used a 60t sprocket on a 3.5 HP bike and it did just fine. But I wasn't drag racing. :laugh:

Bike looks awesome Karl .:thumbsup: You did a great job !!

I'm with buck, tires would be ok to play with....but not sure about high speeds.

What about size I could order from OldMiniBikes warehouse. and I want to remove the friction brake and install a clutch brake. That would allow for extra tire.